All iPads How are the viewing angles on the new 3-part smart covers?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jaywood, Nov 21, 2013.

1. jaywood macrumors newbie

Hi,

I recall being able to have more than two viewing angles on the old ipad smartcovers (4 part folds) by just folding the cover in half and making it stand in angles between the standard portrait and typing angles, and i was wondering if any alternative angles were possible with these new covers (both ipad air and mini)

Thanks alot!

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

2 angles on the rMini. It seems fine for me at both angles. Not sure what you're asking. It's either almost completely horizontal or almost completely vertical. Not such a difficult concept. lol

3. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I have the Smart Cover.

In the more upright position, I think it's great. Great for watching video. Not so great for interacting because it's not stable enough to be typing and all that.

In the lower position, called "typing angle" it kind of sucks. It's just always too low an angle. When sitting it like this, I always put the case triangle up on something, making the angle a little higher.

4. jaywood thread starter macrumors newbie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKhMeDTgCr0

This shows how an ipad cover can have more than two viewable angles (the old one with 3 folds instead of the new 2 fold design on air and mini)

personally i couldn't stand the vertical angle, while typing angle was alright, but my personal favorite was the one where you fold the cover in half and let the ipad stand at around 40 degree angle. And if I can't do that with the new covers, I'll be looking elsewhere.

5. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

If your case allows it, you can get two slightly different upright (movie viewing) angles by folding the cover with the microfiber on the inside instead of on the outside.
    The difference is very minimal but it is an option.

6. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Start looking