How are there no bugs in the main display

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by kisbys, Jun 3, 2014.

1. kisbys macrumors regular

I'm sure that there is a lot of choreography about which apps work and which don't but I'm slightly confused how my phone is restarting the whole time and really buggy with IOS8. But on screen that they used at WWDC ran perfectly.

Is this all choreographed or is it that they are using a more advanced beta than the one released yesterday?

2. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Both.

Welcome to developer betas.

3. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

Pre-recorded motions?

It just looks like he's tapping the display ;)

4. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

A bit off topic, but you should read about the presentation of the first iPhone

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/10/04/former-apple-engineer-gives-behind-the-scenes-look-at-the-original-iphone-introduction/

Just one excerpt:

The iPhone could play a section of a song or a video, but it couldn’t play an entire clip reliably without crashing. It worked fine if you sent an e-mail and then surfed the Web. If you did those things in reverse, however, it might not. Hours of trial and error had helped the iPhone team develop what engineers called “the golden path,” a specific set of tasks, performed in a specific way and order, that made the phone look as if it worked.

5. stiligFox macrumors 65816

stiligFox

My guess is they knew what they were goin to demo, and made a specific build where they ironed out all the bugs for those apps/areas.

Like if Craig tried opening up the stocks App it may very well have crashed and burned x3

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

No... I was loling watching the keynote becuase they were showing quick reply and when they pulled on it it dropped frames.