How are these techniques done??

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ShakeWellProd, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ShakeWellProd macrumors member

Hello,

I'm wondering how these repeated shots of a screen shot of the website and how the zooms are perfected are done. Can this be done mainly with final cut pro?

Also, in the end how do they do this graphic movement? The graphic hits the screen then does a "sci fi" effect towards the screen. I've tried manipulating this in Live Type but I find it very difficult to copy.

any hints?

thanks MR

2. shinchook macrumors regular

shinchook

3. ShakeWellProd thread starter macrumors member

4. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

This can easily be done in Motion or After Effects with the pseudo 3D space you can make. You can fake the 3D effect in Final Cut Pro by keyframing a 4 point perspective distortion.

Zooms can easily be done in Final Cut Pro, Motion, or After Effects by keyframing the scale parameter (in Final Cut, that is in the 'Motion' tab).

P-Worm

5. ShakeWellProd thread starter macrumors member

Thanks P I'll give that a shot.

If anyone knows any tutorials that explain it step by step please let me know.

6. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

Not really a tutorial, but Section 1 of this Apple document contains 35 pages of introduction on how to do 3D compositing with Motion. If you have Motion, this would be a good read.

- Martin

7. shinchook macrumors regular

shinchook

Just google tutorial for the apps. I do that to find cool techniques for After Effects. I can even sometimes find tutorials that come with completed files that I can just plug my own media into.

8. prs986 macrumors regular