How are you charging your AirPods?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nighthawk67, Jan 10, 2017.

1. nighthawk67 macrumors regular

nighthawk67

Is it better to charge it with an iPhone adaptor or an iPad adaptor? Or does it even matter? I've always been cautious about using third party chargers because it can damage the battery and what not, but since the AirPods didn't come with a "cube" like the iPhone does I wasn't sure if using an iPad charger, which I'm sure is more powerful, would affect the battery of the charging case of the AirPods? Also any unique charging stands anyone is using I would like to see some pictures!

2. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

as long as it's an apple charger it won't matter. i use a block that i put 3-4 USB's so i can charge my phone, iPad, watch and headphones all at once if needed. better than depending on just two plugs.

3. CMoore515 macrumors member

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I use an iPad adapter for all my Apple devices. It charges quicker.

5. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

yeah thats pretty much the same as mine. Cable nightmare when i have iPhone, iPad, watch, USB for my beats solo3 or air pods and also have my MacBook pro 2015 cable in the other plug. very cluttered but oh well.

6. CMoore515 macrumors member

My obsessive compulsive tendencies come out when it comes to the cords, but I haven't found a better solution yet.

7. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

I charge all of my devices over night, so it doesn't matter that I use a 5W charger for my iPhone, my Watch and my AirPods, and an iPad charger (12W) for my iPad Mini 4 ... I plug them in when I go to bed and when I wake up, everything is charged.

The iPad chargers are compatible with all Apple devices, but there's no point in even messing with it overnight, since everything charges within the 6-7 hours that I am asleep.

I also use an iPhone lightning dock for my AirPods - it keeps the AirPods charging case standing upright when it's charging...

8. TrueBlou, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017

TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I place mine upon a satin pillow, surrounded by rose petals in direct sunlight and perform an ancient Druidic chant to will them be filled with power from the almighty sun god achkyabugger......

.... Doesn't bloody work :D

I use whatever's closest. Either my Mac, an Anker multi charger, iPhone charger, iPad charger or MacBook USB-C charger (iPad Pro) always with Apple cables though.

9. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Same. Nothing ever needs recharging during the day.