How are you cleaning your ipad screens?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by moworks2, Jun 6, 2016.

1. moworks2 macrumors member

Apple gives instructions to wet a soft cloth with water and done. What kind of soft cloth? Is an old tshirt good? I've read some use cloth, like those used to clean glasses, camera lenses. Lately, I've just been wiping the screen against my t-shirt/stomach...

Can you give me some advice please?

I have a new ipad mini 4. playing lots with procreate, sketches ll by tayasui, notability, paper, day one, adobe sketch, etc...some with the pencil by 53, some work with fingers,...I am kinda liking the pencil by 53. Seems accurate enough for my heavy handed rough work i like to do...

I keep the ipad in apple's back and front cover. The simple stuff, though i may add a keyboard as front cover if i can find something i like...

thanks for help, go in peace...
    M

2. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

3. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

4. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

5. mikzn macrumors 6502

mikzn

[QUOTE="Can you give me some advice please?[/QUOTE]

"J" Cloth

6. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

I use a microfiber cloth and Purosol Optical lens cleaner. Mainly because I already had a bottle handy for lenses and I know it wont damage the coatings.

7. RadioGaGa1984, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016

RadioGaGa1984 macrumors 65816

RadioGaGa1984

Uh not the Apple stores around me. They still use either whoosh or Clens by bausch and lomb. They used to sell both. However to the original OP I only use a microfiber cloth made by "MOBiLE Cloth" dry daily and if heavily soiled some "omni cleanz" by Radtech.

8. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I used to use Whoosh but it seemed like the more I used it the more I had to keep cleaning. Fingerprints seemed to come back quicker. I went back to my old favorite - iKlear.

9. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Old lense cleaning cloth. If you wear glasses, the cloths you get with those are good.

10. ChrisWilliam macrumors member

ChrisWilliam

For me, i clear my iPhone and iPad with wet tissue paper, and for the earphone, it's the same.

11. photoj2754 macrumors 6502

photoj2754

Bought this on all the recommendations and this really works. Screen sparkles after cleaning and no fingerprint problems. Thanks for the info.

12. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

After using Whoosh for a few months, I've found that the more I use it the more I have to use it. So I've now gone back to iKlear.

13. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

What ever happened to Zagg Foam Gadget Clean? I like the product and still have have a small amount left, but now it seems to only be available on Amazon and a few other online places. It is no longer on Zagg.com

14. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

I think it had issues with EPA certification and they no longer make it. Carcinogen content, or something like that.

Anyway, I use the stuff my ophthalmologist gave me with my glasses. It's a mix of alcohols, water, and a little surfactant (soap). Works great with a microfiber towel for cleaning grease and fingerprints from the iPad screen.

15. Mrs. Jobs macrumors member