How are you getting on with the Apple Smart Battery Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Lambo The Jambo, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Lambo The Jambo macrumors member

Lambo The Jambo

Hi Folks,

I'm going to soon order white Apple Smart battery case for my rose gold iPhone 6S. Now I don't want to debate the look or aesthetics of the case but would be interested in views of those who have now owned and used it over the past few weeks?

In particular I would be really interested to hear thoughts on:

• How the case has held up to wear and tear? In particular has the white case gotten dirty and worn looking?
    • Do you use the case every day or only for special circumstances?
    • Has it changed the way you use your phone?
    • And of course any other thoughts you may have?
    Thanks in advance for your help with this folks.

2. SarZ macrumors regular

SarZ

I bought my sister a black Apple smart battery case for her iphone 6

She’s a heavy phone and text user and was always complaining about the battery running out half way through her day

Her first reaction to the case was that it was very ugly and heavy. After using it for a week she absolutely loves it. She doesn’t care about its looks anymore and very happy that the phone lasts her the whole day. She also likes the fact that the case charges with the phone using the lightning cable.

A very happy sister :)

3. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I love it, really.
    Its integration with iOS, built quality and grip are fantastic.
    A little overpriced like many Apple products, but a must have for me

I can't speak about wear and tear, since it's one month old, but it seems to be well assembled.
    I'm using it 3-4 days a week, when I need my phone to last longer with heavy usage (on a normal day I don't need it, since I reach night with 20-25% battery left).
    I'm also saving many charge cycles on my iPhone battery....

4. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Hi, is this case easy to take in and out of pockets ? I'm considering this case .

5. Bromeo macrumors regular

Have had mine for a few weeks now. I had tried a couple other battery cases in store on my 6S and didn't like the added bulk or clumsiness/pain of installing/removing the case. On the Apple Smart Battery Case, I like the all-around protection, ease of install/removal, Lightning port for charging/passthrough, and battery level display right on the phone. It doesn't add much thickness vs. a non-battery case. The battery-bulge looks about like a credit card holder or something (actually, it seems to be the same size of a stack of credit cards).

What I am indifferent on is the "soft touch" silicone / elastomer outer material. It is satin soft and somewhat grippy, that is for sure. It occasionally picks up pocket lint and shows smudges from oily skin. Nevertheless it is easy to wipe clean with a damp microfiber cloth.

I don't care for the lack of a built-in or included 3.5mm headphone jack extension. I would have preferred Apple figure out a way to duplicate the headphone jack, but that is probably challenging with the insertion switch and desire to keep the case chin as short as possible. The Apple EarPods fit fine, but my Bose QC20i's do not. If you use Bluetooth (or Lightning) headphones, it is a moot point.

I tend to use the case daily... it is set-and-forget. Every now and then I switch back to the Apple Leather case and marvel at my slim and light phone, but really, it's what you get used to. Even with the Smart Battery Case, the 6S is still very much a pocketable phone. With the case, my 6S went from 20% remaining at the end of each day, to 100% remaining and enough to get through a second day. I'm sure if I engaged Power Reserve mode, the phone would last several days on one charge.