How are YOU Going To Buy The iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Robinajax1, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Robinajax1 macrumors member

Robinajax1

Are you someone who wantst to test the ipad pro out before buying it, or are you someone who wants to buy it straight away???

And what color are you buying? What model? And how are you going to buy it? Via online or in real life?

Thanks lol

2. modernaccord macrumors 6502a

Online, but I'll try my store on the evening of launch day. Replacing the iPad Mini 4 64gb+LTE with iPad Pro 128+LTE. Pencil and keyboard. Space Gray.

3. gerbrian macrumors member

Not sure yet if I should go the store in morning to get one (I am afraid they dont have enough stock) or pre-order and let them deliver it to me.

4. Robinajax1 thread starter macrumors member

Robinajax1

Yes but they probaly won't let you pre order..

5. gerbrian macrumors member

Then I'll probably go to the store in the morning to get one with a pencil.

6. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Buying one, why not with a return policy? An in store trial doesn't cut the mustard. I doubt I'll preorder, I see no problem getting it on day one. The last Ipad I bought day one at BB there were only five people there when the store opened looking to get one.

7. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

[​IMG]

8. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

If Apple takes the Apple TV route and allows Pre-orders, then i will pre-order with Pencil and keyboard. If Apple doesn't allow Pre-Orders and just announces in store date, then I will buy in store.

9. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

I'll probably go to Best Buy. Hopefully they'll have some and a Pencil too. If not I'll fight the traffic to get to the local Apple Store. (Which is located in the most awful place to try and park in our city)

10. Mcdevidr macrumors 6502a

I would like to use a %10 coupon at bestbuy. If the student discount is decent I may just pre order if they offer that.

11. BrennerM macrumors regular

I'm expecting to order online as soon as it is available. I have no interest in dealing with the Apple Store craziness and I'm fine with waiting a few days (or weeks) to get my iPP. My iPad 3 is still working fine but definitely looking forward to the bump in screen size, resolution, and performance.

12. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

13. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Location: I live in Amherst, MA at the moment so I'm going to go up to the Apple Store in Nashua, NH so I get a break on the sales tax.

Method: I just signed up for the Discover it card and they have 10% cash back on in-store Apple Pay purchases, and they double all the cash back for your first year.

Model: 128GB LTE Space Grey, as well as the Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard

14. Nausicaa macrumors 6502a

I need to test the Pencil first, so I'll probably try in stores and then buy online to avoid Chicago's insane sales tax.

15. nickyD410 macrumors 6502

nickyD410

Im hoping for a online order to pickup instore. At first I was going to wait and try one in the store before buying but seeing that it will be very hard to get Im looking at getting one on launch day.

16. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I don't see it being hard to get unless stores get short shipped or Apple isn't expecting large demand on release day and more folks want one than Apple thought.

17. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

The iPad Pro is rather small for my preferences.

Therefore I’m very happy that Samsung Offers the perfect size for my usage. It’s the 18.4” Galaxy View, with a spectacular display and terrific ergonomics it’ll be easy to move from room to room or wherever in the house I wish to view it.

The sole purpose of my use is to view the four video feeds I use. YouTube Red, Netflix, Amazon Prime and HULU. Theirs a nice cash savings as well. Especially as compared to the pricey premiums that Apple demands.

iPad Pro will be the one my brother chooses.

18. dancefreak macrumors regular

Can't go wrong saving 22%. That's what I will do.

19. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

Yup. This is my plan as well. I'm expecting Apple to screw it up somehow though.

20. GoldenDust Suspended

GoldenDust

That's an extremely long drive, I live 10 minutes from Nashua, NH and I drive there all the time; however, I have driven to Amherst to visit my aunt, I honestly just can not imagine that you'd be willing to do a long drive to Nashua, NH for the Apple Store there. I wish you luck!

21. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Well it's only an hour and a half each way, and I don't mind driving. Plus it saves me 80 bucks! Unless of course I end up staying the night before in Boston, in which case I'll probably go to the Boylston St one.

22. GoldenDust Suspended

GoldenDust

I had no idea that there were a standalone Apple Store in Boston, I may just go and check it out with my fiancé. Thank you.

You should definitely go to Nashua if it will save you $80 on taxes!

23. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

If the rumors of 11/11 pre-order is correct then I'll pre-order online, 128GB model, nonLTE (with how easy it is to almost instant-tether to iPhone there's no way I'm paying an additional access fee) either Space Grey or Gold, leaning more towards SG. Add on the pencil and a Smart Keyboard.
    Most likely using my CC.

24. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

I would have pre-ordered online, but 22% is too much of a discount to ignore. After sales tax for me it's more like a 15% discount though, but I'll take it.

25. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

dont know yet. if i order it through Apple online i receive it as soon as it's available for them to send it me. if i order it through my credit card company (john lewis) they'll give me 100's of store credit points, but the wait might be considerably longer. so i dont know yet.

certainly not going to pick one up manually at an Apple store.