How are you going to feel......

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TSX, Nov 20, 2008.

1. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

When 2.2 comes out and it doesnt have copy/paste, MMS, video, better push? Does emojoi (however you spell it) count as mms since its a picture in a message? but a least we have a better version of google maps:rolleyes:

2. ratattak macrumors member

I don't understand the emoji thing myself. anyone care to explain?

3. OnlyOneThatEver macrumors member

emoji are just small icons(smileys,laughing,frown,red cheeks ect) that you can include in SMS text messages. The same ones used in MSN

4. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I agree with you that the "upgrades" associated with 2.2 are really a joke. Hopefully Apple has some surprises or there will be a giant collective YAWN when 2.2 is released. :mad:

5. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

emoji is stupid. they're just doing it for japanese people. which i dont think will make them buy more iphones.

6. ratattak macrumors member

will they be seen by only iphones though? I'd assume the phone would have to support it. so iphones and other newer and/or smartphones?

7. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

A massive technicolor yawn... as we spew our unbridled hatred and vitriol out against all of Appledom, smash all iPhones (our own and those of others, in the name of freedom), and reject Safari from all web servers, bringing Cupertino to its knees overnight....

Or, maybe, we'll all just be bummed.

8. efice32 macrumors 6502

I read someone say earlier that it seems like there would have to be something else in this update that we don't know about to warrant the 2.2. Otherwise they would've just called it 2.1.1 or something.

I agree with whoever said that in another thread.

9. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

I actually don't think that any of those will come out in 2.2! So I won't feel different to my current state.
    Just trying to remain as realistic as possible

10. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

iPhone is still king. Just read a pretty mediocre review of the new
    Storm.

11. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

is and will always be :)

12. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

Dont get me wrong i like my iphone, Its a stand out product, but not having MMS, copy/paste, and video also stand out.

13. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

You know how it makes me feel?

I'll still buy the next iPhone. And the one after that. I think when we are hit with these features, people won't use them much. They still will be used yes, but then it will be something else the iPhone doesn't have that will always be complained about. Flash, etc.

14. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

i've learned the hard way over the last few months. So, how will I feel? I'll take those cartoons shoved down my throat and will learn that Apple is in fact right, always rightl; that these Emoji are the best thing since sliced bread and I don't know how I lived without them before. But, of course, I'll be crying inside.

15. Tenorsaw macrumors regular

The thing is that even when they finally release copy/paste, MMS, etc., people will still find other things to complain about.

16. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Precisely.

17. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

There will be ALOT less complaining though. Other than copy/paste, video, MMS, a better push what other compalints have you heard?

18. Tenorsaw macrumors regular

Instead of me making the list, just go here:

http://www.pleasefixtheiphone.com

Edit: Someone at that site wants Silverlight support on the iPhone! Now do you see what I'm talking about?

19. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

Thats just one person, there are mulitple threads posted daily on copy/paste, MMS, video, better push and so on, so when apple address these basic issues there will be hardly any complaining. The reason everyone complains, is because all theses features we want are already on the "free cheap phones" you can get at ATT or where ever. But on the iphone the best phone out there we dont have them.

20. bjorn989 macrumors member

Call quality and Safari crashing frequently whenever I try to load a webpage that I actually like. I find many news sites contain too much content for the iPhone to handle and my netbank session constantly crashes. This is disappointing since these are the features which I wanted in an iPhone when I bought it.

I suppose that these are not all Apple's fault, I know that the mobile networks in Australia are amongst the slowest in the world...

21. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

The demand for emoji is more than MMS and copy/paste combined.

It's one of the main reasons why iPhone sales aren't as great in Japan. Taking emoji out is like taking SMS out. Weird.

22. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

I don't get hte point of MMS.... if I want to send a picture i've taken to someone I will e-mail it to them... as long as they fix Fetch i'm happy

23. efice32 macrumors 6502

24. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Somehow, I'll survive.;)

25. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Where's the front camera for video iChat??? LOL :D