How are you guys planning to protect the back of the IPP?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by sneak3, Jun 12, 2017.

1. sneak3 macrumors 6502

I can't even fathom living with the ipad without a back cover. Since apple let us down in that regard, how do you guys are planning on handling that?

I'm considering getting the keyboard cover for sure though.

2. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

3. KrisLord macrumors 65816

I spent £20 on an over priced case from eBay. I need something from day 1 and will then decide if it’s ok or if I need to buy something better. Most of the cheaper options were shipping from china, this came next day.

4. jsmitty macrumors regular

I don't protect the back besides transporting it in the compartment in my laptop bag. ASK on front/ naked on back.

5. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Did you guys in your search come across a just a back cover for the 10.5" iPP ?

6. brentsg macrumors 68040

Have the physical dimensions changed from the previous 12.9 inch iPad Pro?

7. Synergie macrumors 6502a

Smart Keyboard cover is clunky and isn't as good for typing. Get a good snap on back cover and a screen protector. For keyboard for typing intense times pick up the BT Apple magic keyboard. It has more functions like brightness and music controls, and is the same keyboard used for iMac. 99% of time you won't need full keyboard so why lug a clunky case with keyboard attached? I just keep the magic keyboard in my backpack when not in use.

8. macduke Suspended

macduke

I always buy the Apple cases for iPad, so I'm really stumped. The iPad Air 2 leather smart case was one of the best cases I've ever used, and even this weekend when I gifted my Air 2 to my grandparents, it looked nearly good as new. It had great protection on the front, back and sides. I ordered the leather cover not realizing it wasn't the case since the price was as high as I paid for my case previously and I was rushing to order after the keynote. So I decided to go ahead and order the keyboard if I'm going to have to go with a two piece anyway, so now IDK what to get for the back. I hope this thread yields some good suggestions!

9. Rck1984 macrumors member

Rck1984

This.

I love the sleek design of my iPad Pro, wacking a back cover on it would completely destroy that in my opinion. I'll use a Smart Cover/keyboard to protect the front and a sleeve to travel it around. I won't put it flat on a desk without the cover in between.

10. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I totally understand that some people desire protection and that is totally cool. But as for me, I prefer to keep the back naked and then use a smart cover on top that I can take on or off for extended hand-held use. That way I can keep the iPad as light and small as possible. To me, this is far more desirable than making it thicker and heavier with a case. I’ve been using my iPad Air 2 that way for over 2 1/2 years and I can only see two very faint hairline surface scratches on the back. I’m not super careful when using it on surfaces unless I see that the surface is rough like concrete, in which case I will not rest the iPad on it for use.

As far as backside protection goes, I am very surprised to see that Apple has decided not to offer the case they had for the last iPad Pro. Even though it was expensive, the fit and finish was superb.

11. brentsg macrumors 68040

My hands are so dry I'd drop it 10 times per day if I didn't put a cover on the back.

12. Kiimora macrumors 6502a

Kiimora

similar case to Apple's full case on Amazon called Moko

13. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

14. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

I've always used a Best Skins Ever clear back skin on my iPads. Protects from scratches and add good grip.

15. redscull macrumors 6502a

redscull

Do we think Apple might eventually expand their options for the new Pro? It's weird that they didn't offer the back case or a whole case. And even with the smart covers, the color selection seems much smaller than in the past. I'm sure I'll be very happy with my new 10.5 when it gets here this week, but this is the first time I didn't immediately get a case or smart cover with a new iPad. I don't like the current choices.

16. sneak3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I think MOKO cases are the way to go. Unless you are getting the keyboard cover.

In my case I still have to figure out whether I like having the keyboard on the front or to the sides. Even then, have a keyboard that thin is simply amazing.

17. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

The link does not show the product. What is it called ? I will put it in the search bar !

18. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Purchased the Apple cover and a check this shell case from Amazon for the back.

I am like you and want the back protected.

19. TITNTUFF macrumors regular

TITNTUFF

20. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

It seems like MacRumors uses an affiliate link for Amazon so if you have an adblocker, it could be preventing the redirect page from loading.

Quick tip, you could also search for the Amazon product ID: B072J9HGRK

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072J9HGRK/

MoKo Case for New iPad Pro 12.9 2017 - Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Cover with Translucent Frosted Back Protector for Apple New iPad Pro 12.9 Inch 2017 Tablet, Space GRAY (with Auto Wake/ Sleep)

21. WilliamG macrumors G3

I'm SO frustrated that Apple doesn't have the rear case for the iPad Pro 2017. The 1st gen case won't work because the camera layout is different, not to mention we don't know if there are other small differences.

Why, Apple? Why?

22. zackerysmith macrumors newbie

23. ssledoux macrumors 6502

ssledoux

Okay some of the 12.9 cases I'm seeing that say 2017 are saying March release - what's that about? I want to be sure I get one that actually fits my pro.

I can't find any skins at all yet - has anyone found any? I was thinking I might just go with a skin on the back. I already have the ASK I'll be using, and I ordered a tempered glass screen protector (I HAVE to have those).

24. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

The one that you have posted only has a case for the 12.9" I would be buying the 10.5" so I need something for the 10.5"