How are you guys testing the beautiful new display?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NeilRShah, Jun 15, 2012.

1. NeilRShah macrumors newbie

Hey guys -

Finally got my hands on one of the new pros (on a "business waiting list" for three days - but finally got one!).

For those of you who also have one: how are you going about testing out the beautiful new display? Do you guys have any apps that just make you stand back and say "wow"?

2. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

If you stand back, you can't tell it's a retina display. You need to be like 12 inches away.

3. Rocky244 macrumors regular

Call of Duty 4 allows you to run a full 2880 X 1800 resolution.

Cranked all the settings up as high as possible, even with that resolution, and it ran flawlessly. Pretty sweet.

4. AspiringSurgeon macrumors newbie

5. stevelam macrumors 65816

There aren't any apps at all that take advantage of retina display besides the few updated apple ones and that one app in the Mac app store.

6. NeilRShah thread starter macrumors newbie

What app is that?

7. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

If I'm within about two feet I can still see how crisp text is, as compared to my old MacBook.

8. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

Now try it in Firefox or Chrome.

9. getthesand0ut macrumors newbie

10. corvus32 macrumors 6502a

I assume at that resolution on a 15" display you could turn off anti-aliasing?

There should be no need for it, correct?

11. stevelam macrumors 65816

I don't remember the name but its just a small utility app that syncs folders.

12. Rocky244 macrumors regular

Sounds about right. I mean I put my nose against the screen and the lines still looked clear. It's strange to see images so clearly while playing a game. Anyway I ended up turning back to a normal resolution as later in the game I was dropping to around 25 to 30 fps. Which I didn't really notice but I figured at some point I would start dropping frames and I just didn't really wanna deal with that when I was sitting 3 feet away from the screen anyway.

13. Aero Tom F16 macrumors newbie

2.3GHz 8Gb Ram 256Gb SSD
    Just arrived this morning and I fired it up after work. Amazed at the screen even though I had the Retina IPad. Im a casual user and had ordered the 2011 MBP in March but returned it when I saw the rumors about the MBPR. Glad that I did:) My wife has a Canon EOS T3 and we are amazed at the pictures on the MBPR. I haven't made any adjustments, just fired it up and started using it. Incredible piece of hardware.

14. Scuba2do macrumors newbie

Amazing video of yosemite. Looks great on the mbpr , amazed at the clarity of the display. Thanks for the link.

15. NeilRShah thread starter macrumors newbie