How are you loading your music..??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cmcclure16, Sep 26, 2007.

1. cmcclure16 macrumors regular

So I just bought a new Touch on Monday. I got the 16gb but I had a 30GB 5.5 Video iPod before that. So I am forced to go through my music and decide what I want and what I don't need.

So I was wondering what methods everyone who had to go from a large collection to a smaller iPod was using to sync up their library.

Such as:
    Manual syncing (simply drag and drop)
    Smart Playlists
    Regular Playlists
    Checking only the songs you want to include...
    etc

If you use playlists what are some of the criteria that you are using (by artist, play count, mixes, favorite songs, etc)?

Trying to go from 30 Gb to 16GB but have some much I want to add and would like to know of some easier ways.

I'm currently just manually loading so anything could be better.

2. RadioStar macrumors member

Smart playlists.

I have one smart playlist (6 GB) that consists of all of my 5-star albums.

I have another smart playlist (4 GB) that rotates through a bunch of random albums.

I have about 1 GB of podcasts and 4 GB of video on top of that. It's pretty easy, really; and my overall music collection is 40 GB. Just ask yourself: Do I really listen to all this stuff? You probably don't. There's only a few albums you need; the rest is filler.

3. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I just keep all my music in my library and load it all in to my iPod manually. I dont care what albums and such my songs are from, mostly I just get separate tunes from the iTunes Store and make playlists if I feel like listening to certain songs.

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Manual syncing. I went through a while back and made a playlist of all the albums I've listened to (genuinely listened to, not just stuck as background music) in the past year, and loaded them on. Came out to around 10gb out of a 40gb collection.

5. cmcclure16 thread starter macrumors regular

Cool. I realize I don't really listen to everything but I want to cut it down enough to still fit videos and photos. I was just curious as to how your selection was synced. I like the idea of a 5 star album playlist. Thanks for your help.:D