How are you storing/carrying your Apple Pencil?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by richCB, Nov 21, 2015.

1. richCB macrumors newbie

richCB

Now that I've got my Apple Pencil (don't kill me!) my thoughts are turning to ways of storing it/keeping it safe while carrying it around. Such a beautiful object requires a dedicated case/pouch/wallet to keep it from harm. I also have a Paper by 53 Pencil that should to carried with it. Unsurprisingly very few Pencil accessories are being advertised as yet.

I thought about using an artist's brush roll, they are relatively cheap but have too many pockets to be practical. Regular pencil cases are to big for just one or two styli so I was wondering if anyone had found any other solutions to the Pencil problem. I'd love to hear your ideas.

2. ke-iron macrumors 6502a

When I get my pencil this week I will make my way to a Montblanc store and check out their beautiful pen cases. I have other leather products from them, their leather quality and craftsmanship is impeccable. http://www.montblanc.com/en-us/collection/leather/writing-instrument-pouche.html?=undefined

3. richCB thread starter macrumors newbie

richCB

Thanks, Beautiful-looking cases - but I really don't want to spend 2-3 times the cost of the Pencil just on a case. Thanks for the link.

4. ke-iron macrumors 6502a

Yes it is expensive but I'm a man of style so all my accessors must be excellent quality and professional looking

5. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

Do you recommend it?

6. mdmendoz macrumors newbie

mdmendoz

For the price of 3" elastic at the local fabric store and some thread you could have this...

I thought about ways to stick a loop onto the iPad silicone cover but this felt to me to be the most inconspicuous.

Attached Files:

7. DJLAXL macrumors 6502

DJLAXL

I must say, that's pretty dang nifty!

8. richCB thread starter macrumors newbie

richCB

It's good an works well with Paper by 53 plus a few other apps like Procreate. However, in this post-Pencil (Apple) era is feels very chunky and 'old school'. However, I still find I'm using it on my older iPads.