How are you using your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by The Tos, Jan 10, 2011.

1. The Tos macrumors 6502a

I have had my iPad for a few months now. I do love having it. Though I feel like I am not getting enough out of it or using it to its potential. I also have had iphones for a few years now. So maybe the commodity of having an apple product has worn off. I use the iPad now for web browsing, FB, and a few games. I want to be able to utilize the iPad to its fullest. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

2. THiPad macrumors member

There are some things that I can only do on my desktop computer, like using my digital embroidery, knitting, weaving and sewing programs.

I love my iPad so much that I do find that on my iMac, I keep wanting to touch and interact directly with the screen. LOL!!

However, when I need to unwind and relax, my IPad is the ultimate StressBuster!!! I, not only can play games, read, draw, play music, learn and surf the web, but I enjoy how portable it is.
    I'm much more relaxed using it in my lap in my easychair vs sitting at a desk.

I also use the app Audiotorium to take notes when I need to in class and to tape talks simultaneously. I just love all the great apps that are constantly being added for the iPad!!

3. FutureStar5 macrumors newbie

FutureStar5

I'm using it mostly for Web browsing, I love reading and posting on message boards and I found out that doing those things is more enjoyable on the iPad. I also use it as an eReader and to play games.

4. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm jealous.

The iPad 2 needs to be released asap ugh.

5. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

By nature an iPad is a limited device.

I use mine to surf the web. Beyond that it's appeal is nil.

I'd much rather use my new 15" MBP, a laptop I'm very happy with.

6. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

I use it for basically everything. Strangely enough, I prefer my laptop for basic internet surfing because I think the iPad screen is just a little too small. But I still use it for email, watching movies, reading, navigating aircraft, you know - the usual stuff:cool:

7. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

Casual gaming (mostly puzzle games) and videos for the plane (I travel fairly frequently).

Reading before bed (have read quite a few books this way, but noticeably slower than with physical books).

Web browsing (only casual because of the page refresh annoyances).

Those are my main uses. Not so much for email any more because I find my Android phone's gmail app is more convenient.

8. TheVirtualGuy macrumors newbie

I use mine for virtually everything - browsing, the odd game, reading the news, e-mail, Pages, Numbers, you name it - it does it all!

The biggest feature for me and my use though is Pocketcloud! This has given me the most amazing freedom when it comes to administering a ESX cluster / storage, etc. from anywhere via VMWare View.

I can't think of a better device, I rarely use my Mac Mini or MBP anymore while out of the office and even in the office, the iPad is always fired up and ready to go - have not found a thing I would change yet!

9. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I am a big News guy and Google Reader guy

I also use it for email and browsing

Maybe some music streaming or a few YouTube clips

All on 3g at work and THIS causes me to get near 2gb's every month

What a joke

10. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I primarily use my iPad for Twitter, Facebook, web browsing, reading NYT, and I am just now starting to use it for e-books.

11. rhett7660, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011

rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Notes
    Mail
    Surfing the Web
    RSS Feeds
    Reading Comics (lots of those)
    Shopping (Amazon, New Egg)
    Calendar (goes with notes etc for keeping track of pretty much everything I do)
    I have done some light reading on it (aside from Comic Books) but this is mainly due to time.
    Remote desktop
    zumocast/slacker radio music etc...

Also forgot to add.. I have been editing and reading lots more work PDF's. Thank you good reader! No longer have to do it at my desk!

12. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

-Surfing web
    -Postingon message boards
    Gaming
    -Email
    -Sometimes my VoIP phone
    -Checking weather
    -Fm radio-shower, while surfing web
    -Abc player-no ordinary family
    -ESPN score center-regularly and mainly during games on tv for play by play -and box scores
    -A lot of you tubing
    -news-I barely watch news on tv anymore

I must say that I have never liked reading period. I've always been a visual person. Since I've had my iPad, reading news articles and watching news clips has changed everything for me. I've found myself more in the know now. I actually love reading now. Cant believe it. I've become more in tuned with politics and love doing small research for myself. Even with my iPhone, I didn't do this much reading.

The iPad should be the last book anyone ever buys.

13. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

• eBooks
    • Gaming
    • RSS Feeds
    • Social Media Sites (Twitter/FB/etc)
    • Taking notes in meetings (NotesPlus)
    • Watching movies (Netflix)
    • Weather Briefings before flying my hot air balloon
    • All Tech/Programming eBooks
    • Flight Manuals
    • GPS Maps for Chase Crew (when flying)
    • Remote Desktop to my PC
    • Learning Japanese (tons of apps)
    • Email, Task, Calendar, Contact manager
    • Drawing (SketchBook Plus, Inspire Pro, ArtRage)
    • Practicing Guitar (via iRig & AmpliTube)

14. sraber macrumors newbie

Best use for me is Netflix as I do not have a TV. I do find myself touching my macbook screen from time to time. :D