How are your BT keyboard batteries?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by RichardI, Oct 7, 2010.

1. RichardI macrumors 6502a

RichardI

Mine are at 100%. Been there since I got my new iMac a few months ago. Is that normal?? What state of charge are yours ?

Rich :cool:

2. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

Mine was like that too when I first got it. It stayed at 100% for a good 2-3 months, and then drastically dropped down to its usual battery life. The first charge lasted me a good 4 months.

With this second set of batteries, readings are more accurate and drop gradually. Again I expect another 4 months out of these second pair of batteries.

3. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

i use my computer a lot. after one month, my BT keyboard is at 73%. with that being said, i've already changed the batteries in the magic mouse once and it's now at 68% on the second set.

4. kryptonitejesus macrumors member

well what the hell, I bought the rechargables (they're just rebranded sanyo eneloops) and they're running down sooo quickly. They came to me precharged at around 80% or so, I ran them down and I slowly cycled them all out to freshly charged, and they're capping at around 88%, mouse running down to 50% within a day of use... This normal? Keyboard around 60%

5. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

I use the computer for about 6-10 hours a day for normal use (web browsing/photoshop etc) and have averaged 4 months per keyboard and 1 month per magic mouse.

I have also heard from other people that rechargeable batteries are horrid for the bluetooth devices, and that regular double A's are more effective.

6. kryptonitejesus macrumors member

Oh well, $29 for the charger and 6 rechargable 'Sanyo Eneloops' isn't TOO bad, cause I've always got a 3rd pair sitting around recharged, cause they barely discharge.

7. cobrasneverdie macrumors member

I don't use my imac that much and I couldn't give you a rough estimate, but the magic mouse sucks up a tremendous amount of juice from my batteries

8. 184550 Guest

Mine are at 62%.

I've had my iMac since June 6 and have had it on every day for about 14 hours.

9. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I lose about 1% a day on Energizer 2450mahr rechargeable. That is for the 3 battery version.

10. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I've got the older 3 battery model. 51% after about one month of medium use

Attached Files:

11. WilliamG macrumors 604

I had the 3-battery version and now the 2-battery version with m new iMac, and the 2-battery version lasts about 3 times as long as the 3-battery version. I also don't get the occasional "Keyboard Disconnected" Bluetooth disconnect/reconnect error I used to get, but that could just be the iMac being better....

12. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I do get the occasional keyboard disconnect message but it only lasts for a couple of seconds. Luckily it doesn't happen too often. I always thought it might be a distance thing because I sit about 10 feet away from my mac-mini.

13. mjsmke macrumors 6502a

I get a month use per set in my magic mouse and 3 in the keyboard.

Non rechargeable will definitely be better. Rechargeable loose charge over time even without use (think of a bucket of water with a small hole in it). Unless you use lithium ion rechargeable.

14. cavi macrumors regular

cavi

I charging my GP 2700 batteries once in a month..

15. nomanstool macrumors member

do you guys close your keyboard or does it turn off automatically?

Mine only last for 1 day, so there's somethign wrong right? @ 12hrs, batteries are around 51%

16. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

Battery life on mine was great, changed 2 maybe 3 times since Feb.
    The other problem is 2 weeks ago the entire 2 bottom rows of keys no longer work.:mad::confused: