How are your guys current gen iMacs holding up?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bobright, Aug 21, 2013.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I was curious how they've been for others. I don't want to jinx anything but mine has been flawless and just what I expected. Its a launch Fusion model.

2. cole01 macrumors 6502

My 27 inch current gen with fusion drive, highest spec i7, and the 680 graphics is holding up great. It's such a huge upgrade over my old C2D MacBook Pro, it makes me appreciate it that much more. I did have a hard drive issue but after dealing with AppleCare they replaced the ssd and hd and haven't had any issues since. But yeah, this machine is blazing fast with anything I throw at it. Sure, I'll be a bit jealous when the haswell models are released but I've already been enjoying this one since February. :)

Can't wait for OS X Mavericks too! It should make the new iMacs even smoother.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

My 27" I7 3TB FD, 32GB RAM and 2GB GPU hasn't missed a beat. In fact, the only apps that make it work hard ( Fans Rev ) are Logic and Handbrake....I've thrown everything at it and it eats it all. It's my third, and I was considering a Pro this time around, but I couldn't be happier.:)

4. echomango macrumors member

Purring like a mute kitten! It has been quiet and chewed up anything I have thrown at it with ease. There have been times when I rendered a large file via Adobe After Effects where the fans came on but it didn't slow things down. I love this machine.

680mx, 24 gb ram, 1 tb fusion, I7 3.4

5. leerichards1 macrumors regular

Had mine since Dec '12 and couldn't be happier. First Apple computer I've owned, looks great and performs flawlessly.

i5 3.2GHz, 1TB Fusion drive, 16GB RAM, GTX680MX

6. Mark Morb macrumors regular

Mark Morb

All good here (got a maxed out 27"), as mentioned above the only app that makes it break into a sweat (you can hear the fans constantly) is handbrake. Great upgrade...and definitely worth getting the Fusion drive purely for speed of apps opening, etc....

7. The Robot Cow macrumors 6502

The Robot Cow

My base 21" with fusion drive is still awesome!. It still boots up in seconds and performs lightning fast. I got it in February and no problems at all! :cool:

8. JustMartin macrumors 6502a

No problems at all - fast and quiet and the Fusion appears to be working really well.

9. heimbachae macrumors regular

heimbachae

late 2009, bought in early 2010 27" iMac 2.66GHz quad core with 12gigs of ram, recently replaces TB HD under warranty extension program on 10.6.8 runs flawlessly.

10. Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

Got my entry level iMac (my first Mac) in January, 27 inch i5 1TB Fusion Drive and its been absolutely fine, never missed a beat. I couldn't be happier.

Really liking the iMac and could never go back to Windows now, so pleased I switched :)

11. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Still enjoying mine that I got at launch. Runs super quite and super fast. As my first Mac, I'm still learning new stuff. Really complements my photography hobby.

12. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Absolutely loving mine, excited to have it chugging along for quite some time!

13. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

very tempting guys....I have a giftcard for a new mac ive been holding out on using. im going to see what the new mac pros and haswell imacs look like and if neither wow me. the refurbed 2012 imacs should be cheaper by then and ill bite the bullet :)

14. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

15. martosprint macrumors 6502

I've had my 21.5 inch iMac with fusion drive since March and it's working fine with no problems. It also boots up very fast to the desktop. Shut down time varies a bit depending on what was running before shut down, but no big deal. It's also very quiet. 

16. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Late 2012 27" i7 24 GB Ram 680 GTX 1 TB Fusion, runs flawlessly. Have run it through its paces and have found nothing to stop it yet. Been a real treat to use.

17. emeraldringer macrumors member

I have a late 2009 27" iMac i7. It runs fine, but I'd hesitate in getting another because of the hassles involved with doing basic repair work (example: I had to swap in a new HD in place of a dead one and it was a bit of a headache).

18. InTheMist macrumors member

InTheMist

Great! The Fusion Drive is a thing of wonder.

I went with an 27", i5, 24GB and it only stutters a bit when encoding videos and processing 36 MP RAW images at the same time which I'm pretty pleased with.

Nice gaming experience too so far too, even though I got only the GTX 660M (OSX games, not Windows).

Only complaints are photography related only: the screen doesn't calibrate well with the tool that I have and the SD card slot on the back is annoying to access.

19. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Awesome to hear guys!

I don't know how I ever went this long on a windows machine. I am loving my launch Mac, so simple and easy, no maintenance, it does what I want. The best way I can describe it is that it's the one waiting on me for tasks to do where as with my PC I had to do the waiting for it to get going and do what I wanted. Magical. :D