How are your new iPads' backlights?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Stevendotwang, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Stevendotwang, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2012

Stevendotwang macrumors newbie

I exchanged my first purchase because it had a speck of dust under the screen. The replacement unit I got seem to have bright corners as seen in the picture attached.

This picture is taken with an iPhone 4s in complete darkness with the iPad on 100% brightness displaying a black image.

Is this a common problem or should I take it back to the apple store for a third unit?

[​IMG]

2. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

It depends under what condition you're seeing this. What are your brightness and auto brightness settings when you do this?

Nevermind, I see you're at 100%. What about auto brightness? On or off?

3. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

The array of different colours doesn't look too good, but some claim that the glue will cure and colour stabilise. Either way, the question you should be asking yourself is does it affect me during realistic use. We can't tell you what you want.

4. Stouver macrumors member

The picture is way too small, please report so I can see it better.

5. Fynd macrumors 6502

6. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Mine was perfect: No yellow tint, no bad pixels, no dust, perfect color temperature.

7. Zcott macrumors 68020

Agreeing with a previous poster. Do you actually notice it when using your iPad?

8. Estlander, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012

Estlander macrumors newbie

Your backlight bleed isn't bad at all, IMO, but the fact that it's pinkish in the right lower corner and not the usual yellow, probably is not good.

My screen has a bit more bleeding than yours, but the bleed is not at all noticeable under normal use, so it doesn't bother me. It probably would if it was reddish pink like yours.

9. Stevendotwang thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses guys.

I don't really see it during normal use, but when I watch movies at night I do notice the ones around the corners in either side of the home button. If other people are reporting good screens with their purchases then I might get it exchanged hoping to get a better screen.

10. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Slippery slope.