How are your XS/Max Cases so far?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Renho, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Renho macrumors 68000

Renho

385BF95E-F331-453B-ADF2-AC44BC1A1A44.png BF06A6F2-66E4-4001-8EBC-7A778F087A9A.png

I got 2, a no name brand and a Spigen tough Armor. The Spigen is really good and feels like it is going to protect this $1350 device. The Anccer feels flimsy and cheap and doesn’t have a lip over the screen. I will be returning the Anccer to Amazon.

How are yours and what did you get?

2. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

I got a thin peel type case and horizon blue, I like both but both are too slippery for me. I’m on the hunt for something else

3. mkz168 macrumors member

4. ZipZap macrumors 603

Super thin is really all that is needed. I have a couple on order from China vs paying $20 or more for the same thing.

I did get the Incase Lift and it looks nice, but it a poly-carbonate case and not good for drop protection. Thin and TPU is the way to go.

Stay away from clear cases. I have never seen one that looked good.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 27, 2018 ---
    too bulky

5. Lyn2012 macrumors 6502

6. bushbaby macrumors 6502a

bushbaby

Got a Spigen liquid crystal, in clear. Feels good and shows the phone color, but hoping it will be as protective to the back. Have to decide on the screen protector still.

7. aviddk macrumors regular

Mine just got off the UPS truck. Like how it fits and feels as well as how easily it slips in my front pocket. No screen protector for me.

8. Renho thread starter macrumors 68000

Renho

Spigen!
    Me too..
    How are the leathers. I have never used one? They just don’t seem like it would protect glass that well and drops.
    A462712D-1F4F-4D76-BF32-EDF1578D9DD6.png
    There are cheaper ones but I have always used these and never had a problem...

9. AudibleNectar macrumors member

Using an inexpensive clear Griffin Survivor case as a solution until the best case variants for the Xs Max come to the fore. Primarily watching for what Element Case will end up with in a few months - but am open to other premium cases that would be appropriate for several years' ownership. Not really impressed with most of the commercial cases, especially given they are meant for an $1100-1600 phone. I like cases that are as well thought out as the phones themselves.

10. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Apple black leather case is going strong!

11. Sumter macrumors 6502

Sumter

I got a couple of heavily discounted Caseology cases, a clear elago case, Caudabe Lucid Veil (on the way), a Kate Spade case (also on the way), but currently I am rocking an Apple leather case in Forest Green.

12. JamiLynee macrumors 6502

JamiLynee

I went with the Horizon Blue Apple brand case. Silicone collects a lot of pocket lint. I'm not sure how I feel about this

13. QueenTyrone, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018

QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

No good spigen cases to me this year. I’m not feeling the colors

14. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I am sporting the Forest Green Apple leather.

15. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

I have the casemate barely there case on my XS. It's only a temporary case until my Caudabe Sheath comes in.

My biggest pet-peeve about it is they designed it with a very open area around the camera. This area seems to catch a lot of lint/junk. Really wish they would have had a snug tight fit around the camera.

16. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Good choice. I've already got the Caudabe Sheath on my XS Max - it's great. I've been switching between that and their Lucid Clear. I'll probably stick with the Sheath. Totally hits the sweet spot for me. It's basically been on my phone for the last several iPhones.

17. Renho thread starter macrumors 68000

Renho

why so many, for every day of the week/ lol
    colors, how about protection!? haha
    ya thats true. always cleaning..
    why do so many like the clear, yes you can see the color but isnt it super shiny and reflective? And is it good drop material, doesnt seem that it would be drop proof......
    I have read alot about forest green, why forest green so popular?

18. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I always seem to default back to the Sheath. Only downside is they didn't release the XS cases until the 21st and being in Canada their ship times are all over the map since they use DHL which transfers to USPS which transfers to Canada Post.

19. Renho thread starter macrumors 68000

Renho

i just looked into the Caudabe Synthesis, they look pretty nice. Are they are thin as they say. what does that matrial feel like? drop tested at 9.8ft. I like that. How are the clear ones?

20. Sumter macrumors 6502

Sumter

Haha I like to collect cases and change up every once in a while

21. kingston73 macrumors 6502a

kingston73

I had the synthesis for the 7+ and it’s nice. The clear is a frosted matte so no fingerprints and it’s got pretty good grip. I go back and forth between them but I think I like the sheath a little more.

22. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

I just received my Elago Slim Fit XS Max case. It was the only matte white thin case I could find. So far I like it. It offers slim protection like the Spigen Thin Fit cases (minus the space for the magnet) or the Ringke Slim cases. I like that it has buttons to cover the volume and side buttons. Only downside is that the edges don't come up to protect the screen.

23. levels macrumors member

Just got the Sheath today from Caudabe.

Love the grip and thinness of the case, but 2 things I noticed-

The sides/top are a little loser than I’d like, I thought it was going to be a little firmer of a material.

The bottom cutouts don’t seem to be accurate. The one on the left side is the same
    size as the right, be the left side has less speakers. Does anybody know if there’s a reason for this? Otherwise I would expect this would be more accurate.

24. Renho thread starter macrumors 68000

Renho

That’s why I returned my other one, edges were flat. Not with this expensive phone
    One side is mic and one side is speakers...

25. levels macrumors member

Right, but why aren’t cutouts accurate to cover just the holes?