How bad do the dents look on my 2010 MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bankaimadness, May 19, 2013.

1. Bankaimadness, May 19, 2013
    Last edited: May 19, 2013

Bankaimadness macrumors 6502

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Today I found out my Macbook pro suffered some dents. I been using this MBP for a bout three years now.

I wonder how detrimental this is to my MBP. Do you think this dent has caused any internal damages?

2. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

It's impossible to know if it got any internal damage.

If everything is working, likely not. Just hope nothing pops up in the future.

3. tengtengvn macrumors member

tengtengvn

My wife had dents on her old 2010, at one point the DVD stopped working. That's why I put a case on my rMBP.

Judging from your picture, that's where the battery is. I think you'll be fine.

4. syd430, May 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2013

syd430 Guest

Check for a concussion first.

Honestly, not sure why you would think damage like that would have caused damage to something on the inside.

5. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

It honestly doesn't look that bad. Likely to happen if you carry it around places. I highly doubt it did any damage internally!

6. abc123 macrumors 6502

Eventually it is bound to happen. I put a tiny (<1mm) dent in my new retina by just tapping it on the corner of the wall. It is like any new product, the first scratch/dent feels awful but after that you relax a bit and can enjoy the product a little more :)

The aluminium cases dent easily but look much better than plastic, it is a trade off. I very much doubt that there is any internal damage though your resale value probably took a bit of a hit.

7. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

That's got to make your heart sink. Luckily I've never suffered from a dent to any of the MacBooks I've owned. Is it that easy to put a dent like that in one? They seem pretty rigid to me.

8. janitor1999 macrumors regular

Got much bigger dent than that in in the top of my MBP, it got knocked off the desk the day i got it, not had any problems still works fine, and if yours is working ok i wouldn't worry about it. Only downside is would probably effect resale value.

9. ramram55 macrumors 6502

mine is liittle bigger too on the lower left side of the key board panel, works fine as long as you do not look at it, you will be fine.