iPad How bad is the image retention?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FatPuppy, Nov 16, 2013.

1. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

There are some articles that say to get image retention, the ipad must be set on high brightness and keep a static image for about 10 minutes, cause in this case I won't change my mini 2. Is it true or the retention is much worse?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

If you have a Mini2, why not answer the question yourself with your own observation? :confused: This is another non-issue. Use your Mini as you normally would, and see if the images remain on the screen. If they do, you have a defective Mini and should get it replaced. If not, you are good to go.

3. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

That's the problem,I DON'T HAVE A MINI 2 yet and I want to hear from others if it is bad or not.

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

I get IR even on my Kindle Fire HD. The screen brightness is usually at 75% and a static image that stays on the screen but always goes away within a few minutes. As Zboater said just use your device the way you normally would but just because you get IR doesn't mean it's defective that's if it goes away.

5. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

No issues with mine. I'm sure it's a small population as with any electronic device such as psp (stuck pixels). Return it and you'll get another one.

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

On mine there is no problem. Other people have reported a problem. It is hard to say if it is a widespread issue or not. The only way you will know for sure is getting one.

Make sure you get it from somewhere you can return it if you don't like it.

7. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Sounds about right. And it disappears in less than a minute. As short as 5 seconds according to many reports.

8. JSalig macrumors 6502

Mine definitely had retention when doing the grid test. Only took between one and two minutes. Took about 30 seconds to a minute for the IR go away completely. I noticed no retention during regular use and I think maybe that I wouldn't have in the future. I usually don't keep static images on screen for very long.

I'd be lying though if I said I wasn't bothered at all by the IR test failure. At the end of the day it's still a display flaw--and one of the worst ones at that.

9. livspop macrumors regular

Got my rMini Friday at a Best Buy and it has 0 problems.