How bad was your iPad Canibal - Effect ???

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AlexMaximus, Aug 19, 2012.

1. AlexMaximus macrumors 6502

AlexMaximus

Hi folks,

I want to ask anybody that already had a good apple computer at the time they purchased a new iPad. I want to know, did your new iPad purchase made your existing apple computer put out of work. How much of an impact in terms of daily use had your new iPad purchase on your existing computer?

I ask because I just ordered the new iPad 3. (Yeaaahhaa!) So far, 100% of my workload and internet surfing goes to my Macbook Pro that is connected on Apples 27' Cinema Display. Will my MBP have to claim for unemployment benefits once the shiny new iPad3 will arrive??

What was your experience ???

2. Dowjohnny macrumors 6502

Dowjohnny

I use both my Mac and my Ipad. Since i like to type on a keyboard the ipad will never put my MBA out of place ;)

So don't be worried, you will see that you use both of them!

3. davidinva macrumors 6502a

Use Macbook at home, iPad away from home.

I have a Macbook that I use for my desktop. I used to take it with me when I felt the need for internet. Since I got my iPad, I take it with me most of the time (my iPod if I don't want to carry much). My last trip to relatives, I took the Macbook as I always do, and also the iPad. The Macbook never got out of it's case. I take lots of photos and prefer to do editing on the Macbook, although I am getting used to the iPad for that. I prefer an actual keyboard and am thinking of getting an Apple bluetooth keyboard for the iPad. Looking for a case that will hold both.

4. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

I use both an iPad and a MBA when out and about.

5. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

I use both regularly. My iPad is mostly for consumption and quick checks of my email. Otherwise I read books & magazines, sketch and do the occasional google search.

The rest of the time in on my MBP. My determining factor
    Is wether the task at hand will take me 5 mins or less.

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

My iPad did have an effect on my iMacs use, but not too much. I can spend more time on the couch or recliner surfing, tweeting and doing email, where I would otherwise have had to stay at my desk for.

7. Skika macrumors 68030

Basically almost most of my web browsing and email moved to iPad. It also became THE portable device. My MBP became MUCH more stationary since i got the iPad :D

8. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

My Macs don't get used at all in the bathroom or on the throne. I still do use them quite a bit though. Unless I'm just browsing or reading a book, I'll probably be on a Mac.

9. old-wiz macrumors G3

Mostly I bought an iPad for reading books - when you get older, it's harder to read the smaller type they seem to print all books with these days. I can increase the font size and it is MUCH easier to read.

I take the iPad when I travel - has 3G/4G, so I don't have to worry about wi-fi being available.

10. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I used to use my notebook every day... mostly for web browsing... and my desktop occasionally. Now I use my iPad every day and my desktop occasionally. I have no use for the notebook anymore.

11. MaxxTraxx macrumors 6502

I still use my MBP, it just has its uses. Sometimes using the full browser of a computer beats using a iOS device at times.

However, my MBP does not leave my desk, I use the iPad whenever I want to move around the house and use a device.

12. Booji macrumors 6502a

Booji

My 13" MBA gets a lot less use for consumption - iPad 3 is the preferred mode and gets 75% of my time.