How bad was your screen cracked?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by IsiahMS, Mar 18, 2015.

1. IsiahMS macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 6, and it's SXSW here in my city, so I planned on getting some shots of the city, but as I got out the car my phone fell onto the concrete and the top of the glass chipped off, and shattered straight through. I assume the LCD is broken as I can't touch the screen and there's lines and a giant black spot on the screen.

Was wondering if any of y'all had experience in getting your screen replaced by apple and if they replace the LCD also? Before I waste time trying to get it fixed (which I probably will, might just slide the guy a 20.)

2. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

Not exactly related but -- I had apple care + on my iPhone 5 and after my accident dropping it from some height onto cement - it looked like it had gotten run over by a car. They still replaced it for $50 (back then). They definitely didn't try to fix it.

3. IsiahMS thread starter macrumors newbie

No apple care for me, just going to hope for the best. [​IMG]

Not sure what's up with all the lines or the giant black spots, can't power it off cause I can't touch the screen so.

4. barkomatic macrumors 68040

That shattered iPhone isnt gonna work out for you long term. When you can, it's still worth it to get an out of warranty repair--then get a case.

5. kacper macrumors regular