How best to see 2 images side by side

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by novetan, Nov 3, 2010.

1. novetan macrumors 6502

I yet to find a neat solution on my own.

I want to view photo A and B side by side for comparison. (both A and B are saved in folder xyz)

When I click on A, it displayed in preview. When I click on B, it places B in the same preview as A. So I can only view A or B one at a time and not side by side.

So I try quickview on B while maintaining A in preview. But when i click on A to shift to one side , quickview on B disappear. So I have to tap on the xyz folder ( anywhere) to bring out B in quickview again.

Is there a better way to put images side by side as what I'm doing above, the image B seems to be playing hide and seek until I have to click a few times here and there just to get them in position.

Then how about putting 3 images, A, B and C side by side. I know, one way is to import into photoshop regardless of the no. of images but if its a big file, it takes time.

Can I do some default setting to work like Window where I just click on any amount of images and individual preview will appear.

Thank you.

2. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

Hmm, Preview just opens them up in different windows for me. You could go into Preview's settings, and change groups of files to open in separate windows? And then just open them together and it should open in two windows.

3. novetan thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah, thank you so much.

Still new to Mac. Always never think of going into preference.

Its fixed now.