How best to send a macbook pro through the post?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheHoffman, Mar 15, 2010.

1. TheHoffman macrumors member

TheHoffman

Hi,

Im currently putting my macbook pro up on ebay, I want to be able to send it through the post office but i dont know how i would do it. I only have the laptops box and i know i cant just send that, if i went to the post office to ask do you think they have something to package it up in?
    thanks alot!

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

UPS/Fedex . Better Tracking. You could let them pack it. If not, I don't know where you could get a box that awkward. You might be able to get one from an Apple store/reseller, since I believe each macbook pro comes in its own brown box w/ machine info on it.

3. thebeautyisfake macrumors regular

Post Offices (decent ones) will have plenty of boxes for you to choose from. My local one down the road has a nice selection of flat pack boxes. Just put the macbook box inside the bigger box, padding it with newspaper or something else.
    Also, use a courier to send the package. Interlink Direct (http://www.interlinkdirect.co.uk/) will collect it from your house and get it to your buyer by the next day. I think it's about £13 but if you sign up they send you a £5 discount voucher. I use them for a lot of my bulkier eBay purchases and it's great. It has a tracking feature and stuff.

Don't send ANYTHING of value through Royal Mail/Parcel Force unless you actually want it to get lost/damaged/stolen.

4. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

If it is a MacBookAir then just slip in into a manilla envelope and you're good to go... isn't that what the commercial said? :D

I wouldn't trust the USPS with it, FedEx or UPS only.

5. TheHoffman thread starter macrumors member

TheHoffman

ahh thank you very much eddy! I did forget about fedex /ups. Will look them up now :)

Ha! i do wish i had a macbook air Cylon cause i so would do that! ahh well thanks guys will get selling! :D