How big a deal is the difference in screen res between pro and air?

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Assuming you are comparing the 13" MBP and 13" MBA, I think it makes a significant difference. Enough to be a key advantage of the MBA over the MBP IMO. Sure the MBP has better colors and viewing angles but unlike a higher resolution, it likely won't you make you more productive.

Comment

therealseebs

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2010
Yeah. The 15" MBP with a high-res display is better, but the Air's decent. I just wish they had matte options for them. :p

Comment

Qbiinz

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
its a huge difference, the RMBP is capable of double the the resolution of the air. you can compare the 2 on the apple website.

Comment

gwsat

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2008
Tulsa
Yeah. The 15" MBP with a high-res display is better, but the Air's decent. I just wish they had matte options for them. :p
I agree on both counts. The MBA's display is more than adequate for virtually any real world use that isn't really graphics intensive. The lack of a matte screen is too bad, though, at least in my estimation. Before I got my 2010 13 inch MBA, I had used first a 17 inch Powerbook G4 and later a 17 inch MBP for a total of 7 years. Both had matte screens and I loved them.

Comment

Burrel

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2012
Birmingham, England
This is pretty much the deal breaker for me too. I think the Air feels too light and flimsy but I'm worried that I'd miss out on the difference in resolution when it comes to watching films and photo editing.

Comment