How big a deal is the difference in screen res between pro and air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nrfujnbfvj, Jun 14, 2012.

1. nrfujnbfvj macrumors member

Really cant decide between the 2, I know the pro's and cons of each but really want to know what peoples views on the resolution disparity.

2. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Assuming you are comparing the 13" MBP and 13" MBA, I think it makes a significant difference. Enough to be a key advantage of the MBA over the MBP IMO. Sure the MBP has better colors and viewing angles but unlike a higher resolution, it likely won't you make you more productive.

3. therealseebs macrumors 65816

therealseebs

Yeah. The 15" MBP with a high-res display is better, but the Air's decent. I just wish they had matte options for them. :p

4. nrfujnbfvj thread starter macrumors member

I am talking about the 13" but i really want the pro for the extra storage and plan to put an ssd in, just cant decide because of the screen.

5. Qbiinz macrumors newbie

its a huge difference, the RMBP is capable of double the the resolution of the air. you can compare the 2 on the apple website.

6. gwsat macrumors 68000

gwsat

I agree on both counts. The MBA's display is more than adequate for virtually any real world use that isn't really graphics intensive. The lack of a matte screen is too bad, though, at least in my estimation. Before I got my 2010 13 inch MBA, I had used first a 17 inch Powerbook G4 and later a 17 inch MBP for a total of 7 years. Both had matte screens and I loved them.

7. Burrel macrumors regular

This is pretty much the deal breaker for me too. I think the Air feels too light and flimsy but I'm worried that I'd miss out on the difference in resolution when it comes to watching films and photo editing.