How big is your Netflix (or Blockbuster) queue?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tobefirst, May 14, 2008.

1. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I've been a member of Netflix for 5 months now, and I can't seem to make any headway on my queue. I seem to add movies at almost exactly the same rate that I watch them. My queue has hovered between 48 and 52 movies since shortly after I signed up.

My question to you, Mac Rumors users: how big is your queue?

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

My wife's in charge of our queue, and I'd say it's altogether too big. It's probably only 10 or 15 movies, but by the time a movie reaches the front, we can't even remember what possessed us to request it.

I'd actually prefer to keep NO movies on the queue, and just request them one at a time.

3. cheeseadiddle macrumors regular

I believe I have about 70+ in there, and I'm always shuffling it around depending on my mood. Anytime I see something I think I'd like to watch, I add it. My memory is terrible. If I don't do it that way, I forget the ones that I meant to watch sometime later.

I also have about 30+ in my instant queue so that I always have something to watch [when I boot into Windows] late at night. Mostly documentaries there.

4. ZachsMacDaddy macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

Mine is at 72 right now. I move the ones I really want to see to the top and a lot of the rest are ones I will get eventually but don't want to forget about.

5. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Ours is about 75 or so, used to be 50, but now anytime we see a preview for a new movie we want to see I add that to the list, which of course goes into the saved not the queue until it comes out. We have a 5 month old so going to movies is not easy. But the netflix queue is really just a big list for us, b/c we can get them from the library for free, and we only do 1 at a time 2 per month total from netflix for $5. Then if I get them from the library I take it off the queue.

6. wongulous macrumors 6502a

Mine is baaaaaaad. Over 300. Of course, probably 20% is Watch Instantly, and I'll end up taking out at least one out of every ten in my experience...

I'm on the four-out plan with Netflix.

7. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I like keeping mine around 5, but with finals the last couple weeks and moving across town the next couple weeks, it has grown to 15+.

8. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I do it almost exactly the same. Mine is about 75, but I use it more as a list of movies I want to see. I'm only on the one at a time plan.

9. Crawn2003 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

475 movies!

I'm horrible!!

~Crawn2003

10. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Blockbuster Online. 50+. Only reason I use them over netflix is because of the 2 free movie/game coupons a month, every month. Can't tell you how many times they've been lifesavers for dates, etc.

11. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

That and the fact that in-store returns get a free movie rental/discount game rental is why I use BB over Netflix.

12. Hushbull macrumors member

Hushbull

Around 50 or so usually.
    I wish there was a randomizer, I like to be surprised when the movies get to me.

13. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

14. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

It fluctuates between 40 and 60. I recently upgraded to 4 at a time and now that I'm going through my queue more quickly, I get nervous when it drops below 40!

There's probably another 15 or so in the "unavailable list".

15. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I've got close to 100 in my queue, and almost 40 are instant-watch. The only prob is that since the arrival of the iMac, and my lack of a mini-DVI cable, I'm up the creek plugging in my TV.

Who else hooks up their computer to the TV and instant watches just like a DVD?

16. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

I get 3 at a time but only keep about 10 or 11 in the queue, right now I only have 7. Of course it has been less than 2 months that I have had netflix.

17. wongulous macrumors 6502a

Mine is now 420. Note to those with already-high queues: do NOT even think about using the Community feature with your friends. :)

'Course now I took away the ball and chain's queue, so all four go to me.. and I just bought a portable DVD player. Hello queue, goodbye work productivity!

18. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Foolish mortal. Your feeble intellect could not comprehend the vast dimensions of my Netflix queue. Suffer!

19. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

Trust me, it'll grow into a monster! I've known certain people to spend whole evening (literally, hours) simply trolling through NetFlix looking for movies to add to their queue...

20. ffifield macrumors newbie

21. sunday macrumors member

250 currently. I have a feeling that it will grow as school is now out...

22. speedfreek macrumors newbie

Mine is at 1331, though i've added series dvds so that'll make that number go up quickly :p

23. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

I feel slack compared to some of the hardcore movie watchers in here. We have about 15 in our Blockbuster queue.