How can a company release such a BAD Application?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 61132, Jul 31, 2008.

1. 61132 Guest

I Just have to vent a little, and if anyone can help or has any ideas speak up, hahaha. I work in the real estate business, and we use a program called autocontract, made by autorealty. The idea is great, electronically fill out forms, automatically download updated forms, and email forms. The only problem is the implementation SUCKS. I don't see how they can release such crap. It's always crashing, there are a bunch of workaround fixes for vista, no mac version, and it automatically cuts and deletes information I have already typed. This is not operator error, everyone I talk to says the same thing. It would be great if another company came around to give them some competition! Something useful and "mac like" to use!

Done venting for now, lol, back to work.

2. Queso macrumors G4

Surely Filemaker can be used as the basis for something along those lines? I'll be very surprised if nobody has used that to build a competing solution already.

3. NSNick macrumors regular

Software developed for a particular corporate application is usually aweful because there is not usually any accountability for purchases at corporations.
    That, and IT departments are usually incompetent.

4. 61132 thread starter Guest

AFAIK there are no competing programs. The program actually connects to servers that keep the forms updated, and I'm sure that they have to have some protection scheme to protect the copyrighted forms. The thing thats sad is states from VA, MD, TX all use this program, yet it SUCKS, lol. Stuff like this makes me want to get into programming to fix it (but I've already taken courses for programming, and it's def not for me).