How can a Watch not show the time?

bydandie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
One of the most infuriating things I’ve ever encountered in the Apple Watch is how the time never shows on notifications. It’s such a basic thing, and something that I’ve raised with Apple support as well as on the feedback app.

The scenario is a notification comes in, and you can swipe the app away (you have something in your hands) and you can wait for minutes until you see the time. All they need is to allow a small area of the notification for the current time.

I can’t be the only person who finds this very annoying?

bydandie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
I don't understand this gripe.
The watach should show the time always, even when a notification comes up because there are times when you get multiple notifications and can’t interact with them (ie when you have your hands full) yet still need to know the time.

Itinj24

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2017
New York
One of the most infuriating things I’ve ever encountered in the Apple Watch is how the time never shows on notifications. It’s such a basic thing, and something that I’ve raised with Apple support as well as on the feedback app.

The scenario is a notification comes in, and you can swipe the app away (you have something in your hands) and you can wait for minutes until you see the time. All they need is to allow a small area of the notification for the current time.

I can’t be the only person who finds this very annoying?
I actually agree with this.

matrix07

macrumors 603
Jun 24, 2010
The watach should show the time always, even when a notification comes up because there are times when you get multiple notifications and can’t interact with them (ie when you have your hands full) yet still need to know the time.
Ah I see it now. Yeah.. I had this problem a few times when carrying things, want to check the time but suddenly got notification. To me it's just one of those things in life that you curse it and move on.

Mr.Blacky

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2016
Austria
I don't know which Apple Watch or watchOS you have, but this totally isn't true for watchOS 6 and especially for the Series 5.

bydandie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
I don't know which Apple Watch or watchOS you have, but this totally isn't true for watchOS 6 and especially for the Series 5.
i have a S4 with OS 6
- - Post merged: - -

i have a S4 with OS 6