Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
The screen on my macboook pro, 13inch, was messing up earlier, flickering and all.

I got trigger happy and decided to take the glass bezel off my MBP (I've done it before) and managed to disconnect the LCD screen from the rest of the MBP.

However now I can't accurately connect the LCD screen back to the cable it's connected to at the base of where the lcd screen would go.

I'm checking out the videos on PowerBook Medic for the macbook Pro and am seeing how they take off all these things such as the SuperDrive, fans, logic board, etc....but rather than taking off every single item am wondering which of these to take out in order to be able to pull out that cable ever so slightly, simply so I'll then be able to connect it to the LCD screen..

I know i should sought the hep from the forum first, though here I am now asking for help. I'll keep researching online and also hope for any guidance tonight, seei as id really like to get this issue resolved before the night ends...not forcing me to leave a tangled MBP on my desk overnight.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Check iFixit.com.

Thank you for the link, here is the specific guide.

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/Installing-MacBook-Pro-13-Inch-Unibody-Mid-2009-LCD/1423/1

I'd you noticed on the last couple of photos, I'm wondering if I'll simply be able to reattached the two cables to get the LCD screen working once again...

...if need be, I don't mind taking apart my MBP as shown in this guide, but don't wanna go through all the hassle (though I most likely will) if I'll need to solder the two cables back together.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.