How can I access my mbp using my mini pc laptop

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macgrl, Jul 13, 2009.

1. macgrl macrumors 65816

I am wanting to remotely access my mbp using my mini pc laptop running windows xp. How can I do this? Would back to my mac work or not as I would be using a pc to access the mac? Are there any other free ways of doing this. It would be great to be able to travel around with the little pc which I don't mind getting scratched etc and leave the nice shiny mbp at home

Any advice very much appreciated

2. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I would install teamviewer on both computers. I use this to access my home pc with my macbook when I am out of my house. This is free for private use and normally the password would change everytime you opened it to have extra security but you can set a password that doesn't change by going into the preferences. Just set it to be one of the startup items on your mac so you know its always running so you can access your mac at any time. This is great free software that is easy to use and does a great job at providing remote access.

3. ian.maffett macrumors 6502

ian.maffett

4. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I have never tried logmein, I will try that and see if it is better than teamviewer. Thanks

EDIT: I just tried this logmein and it works great. The only drawback I would see is that it works through your browser, but this also means that you can use any computer and not just the one with teamviewer. I would try both and see which one fits your needs better.

5. macgrl thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you very much guys. I will have a play with them both later today :)