How can I add a 'pane' of glass to a photo?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Kardashian, Apr 20, 2007.

  1. Kardashian macrumors 68020


    Sep 4, 2005
    I'm creating a Police-style mugshot for my Art Project, and I need to re-create the scene in a police station.

    Is there any way to add what looks like a pane of glass, infront of the mugshot, so it looks like I'm looking through a window?

  2. failsafe1 macrumors 6502a


    Jul 21, 2003
    Do you want just the glass effect like you would see standing behind one way glass looking into a line up? For that effect you could actually shoot glass in a studio setting with appropriate reflections of say a light fixture and put a layer into your photo. You could photograph yourself in a mirror and then guassian blur yourself with some blur to make it appear that someone is standing behind something looking into the mug shot room. Then there is the shadows look where you cast shadows from out of your frame to give the appearance of an unseen window casting shadows into the mug situation if you want the full window effect. If you want the full window effect the easiest way would be to find a window you like and use it to overlay your photo with. You would need to manipulate your perspective, shadows, and light to match it all up.

Share This Page