How can I add hyperlinks in Numbers (iWork in iCloud)

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by KTK1990, Nov 23, 2013.

1. KTK1990 macrumors 6502

I am trying to make a list of items i'll need before I move and decided to use numbers in iWork for iCloud. I have a row titled "Links" and would like it to be a hyperlink in there for Amazon and it would link to the items amazon page, or best buy and go to its best buy page.

How can I do this? Thanks :).

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You just simply Copy and Paste the link to any cell. If you click on the link in the cell you get the option to Open or Edit. With Edit you can change the name to anything.

[​IMG]

3. KTK1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

Interesting, when I click on my link, nothing happens. I don't get the same menu you have. The only thing that happens is that the top bar shows the link.

I am using Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 with the numbers iWork for iCloud app.

4. Julien, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Just tried in Parallels/Windows 7/IE and all I can get is text and not a hyperlink. Must be Windows limitation or there is some other process.

EDIT: Just tried the on-line OS X Safari version and it doesn't work either. The on-line of Windows and OS X are still listed as Beta so maybe it's yet to be added.

5. Spudmux macrumors newbie

Spudmux

For others finding this there is a function which handles hyperlinks.

=HYPERLINK(url,link-text)
    upload_2015-6-19_12-32-47.png