How can I add more storage to Cydia ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by King Bowser, Aug 2, 2010.

1. King Bowser macrumors regular

2. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

This question makes no sense. Care to elaborate?

3. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

He's asking if he can somehow allocate more memory in Cydia for apps and repos. There is a finite amount of storage space allowed.

To answer the question, I haven't heard of any way to to it.

4. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Ah I see. Well that hasn't been an issue for users for ages. Only a few important libraries are installed in the small root partition. Everyone will see it as 80/90% full, it's not a problem. All the programs you install from Cydia are now installed on the main partition. It makes NO difference how big the root partition is. That's only important for developers. And no you can't change the partition size, it's set at the iOS image creation. You'd need to create a custom firmware. But like I said, it's not important.

5. King Bowser thread starter macrumors regular

yea cuz it said i have no more room for anything when I know i have at least six more gigs left for sure

6. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

That's odd. Your options are to remove some programs or google how to mess around with the root partition. I wouldn't recommend it, its quite complicated and you can mess up the phone leading to a restore.

7. RagnarockSlayer99, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017

RagnarockSlayer99 macrumors newbie

RagnarockSlayer99

Or u can install Stashing for IOS9.3.3-IOS10.1.1 Jailbreak to make more space in cydia by this source coolstar.org/publicrepo/

8. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

I'd recommend aganst stashing under iOS10 - see the numerous posts about it.

9. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

10. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

As of yesterday, after the time that you posted this, CoolStar updated the Stashing for 10.2.

It was recommended against using YUCCA utilities for stashing, because it went overboard. Saurik called the dev out on Reddit, which is something that he rarely does. The dev Coolstar (aka Clay Freeman) is a long time contributor and Saurik (Jay Freeman) says that Stashing by Coolstar is OK. ( It seems that the two Freemans have no relation)