How can I add photos without owning?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lukester, Feb 29, 2012.

1. lukester macrumors 6502

I am a photographer and want to offer the IPod to my clients with their photos on it. How do you do this without going thru the process of iTunes and owning it?

2. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Just so I understand - you're purchasing ipod touches for some folks, and want to open them up and put photos on them prior to giving them, right?

If that's the case, I don't think it's physically possible.

The ipod touch will have to be set up with an apple id, and I presume you don't want every single one of them to have your apple id.

3. lukester thread starter macrumors 6502

so I can't use photosync in the app store for macbook?
    Another person recommended it.

4. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Photosync looks pretty cool, but the device would still have to be set up prior to using the Photosync.

There might be a way to use Photosync after you've given the ipod touch, and transfer the pics to the device.

I realize that's not as 'cool' as giving someone an ipod touch with pre-loaded pics, but I'm quite sure they'd want to set up the ipod touch themselves.

Maybe you could put in a card that you want to load some pics for them, once the ipod is set up.

5. lukester thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess the only way I can do it is to just include the photos on a dvd and give the iPod or iPad separately

6. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Why do you need to enter an AppleID at setup? I don't think this is required. You could just use the camera connector kit to load the photos directly into the Photo app. I don't have a way to verify this, but it's worth a try.

EDIT: According to this article:
    http://alliosnews.com/2011/10/review-of-the-new-setup-process-and-icloud-in-ios-5/
    You can skip signing in with an Apple ID as long as you don't use iCloud or purchase any apps. Both can be setup later.

7. lukester thread starter macrumors 6502

I would be loading photos from the macbook. They would need to be edited.

8. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Evidently, the camera connector kit (which supports USB camera connections OR SD cards) only works with the iPad. Huh. Sorry about the bad advice! But you could actually do this with an iPad! :eek: