Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMrNiceGuy0023

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 5, 2009
I dont want to sync, because you cant delete them from the iPhpne, is there another way to do it?

actorkid

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
try emailing them to an email account that is set up on your iPhone.

simply open the attachments and save them...that should work

iMrNiceGuy0023

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 5, 2009
anyone know how to select multiple files when sending an email??

the pictures are also on my 3G, i want to get them to my 3GS, its about 60 pics

any app that lets you transfer photos between phones??

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
There was something called BUMP I believe in the App store. It allowed you to transfer files by way of bumping another phone? Dunno how it works but hey ... it's worth a shot.

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
anyone know how to select multiple files when sending an email??

the pictures are also on my 3G, i want to get them to my 3GS, its about 60 pics

any app that lets you transfer photos between phones??

You have to copy/paste the images into the email one at a time.

1. Start new email.
  2. Go to Photos
  3. Copy Pic
  4. return to email message
  5. Paste
  6. Repeat

serialtoon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
1 of 8 bits
Rather than create a new thread, i though i would use this one to post a similar question. How many camera rolls can we have? Why is there so many "slots" in the pictures app? Thanks.

actorkid

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
You have to copy/paste the images into the email one at a time.

1. Start new email.
  2. Go to Photos
  3. Copy Pic
  4. return to email message
  5. Paste
  6. Repeat

dont listen to this, its wrong

go to your photos app on your old phone and enter your camera roll

tap the little arrow in the box icon on the bottom left

this will let you select multiple photos to copy, simply hit copy when you've selected the photos you want to send

then simply paste once into mail...it'll paste all of the pictures you selected

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
dont listen to this, its wrong

go to your photos app on your old phone and enter your camera roll

tap the little arrow in the box icon on the bottom left

this will let you select multiple photos to copy, simply hit copy when you've selected the photos you want to send

then simply paste once into mail...it'll paste all of the pictures you selected

Nevermind, I read this wrong before.

tilmonabbott

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2009
Worcester Ma
Rather than create a new thread, i though i would use this one to post a similar question. How many camera rolls can we have? Why is there so many "slots" in the pictures app? Thanks.

you can have as many camera rolls as you want, you just have to simply do it in itunes under pictures when you sync it. You create a new folder, add the pictures you want and then have your iphone sync with that specific folder. Whenever you want new pictures, add to this folder or create another folder then repeat and sync

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
That's what I do. I've got a folder on my desktop called "iPhone Image Collection," and within that folder I've got images in various subfolders. When I'm ready to sync the iPhone in this computer, I make sure that the folder is correctly designated in iTunes and I'm good to go. All the images are on my iPhone. When I want to add more images, I stick them into the folder and the next time the iPhone is synced they'll be on it.

Another thing I do is to take advantage of MobileMe when I shoot images with the iPhone. I take the shot, then upload it to MobileMe. From there I can download to my computer and then do any post-processing that I might need to do (including resizing for sharing on forums), then I upload the processed image to my Zenfolio gallery. Voila! After that if I want I can leave the images on my camera roll or I can delete them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.