How can I backup all my email only on my Drive

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by WizardHunt, Apr 10, 2009.

1. WizardHunt macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

I have a mac mini and will be buying a iMac 3.06 and I want to keep all of my emails but the other things, I will reinstall what I want on the new mac. As far as my pictures, is concerned, I have them in their own folders before I move them into iPhoto so I will back up the original photo folders no prob.

However I would like to separately back up my email so I am not losing anything regarding my past emails. Any ideas on what to use, how to do it and so on?

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Do you have mobile me? You need to be more specific....do you use the Mail app, what provider is your e-mail.

3. WizardHunt thread starter macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

Yes I have mobile me. I use apple mail. I have 3 accounts set up in that apple mail application. My .mac , a personal website email, and i have my hotmail forwarded into my apple mail as well. But I collect it all in my apple mail program.

4. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Using mobile me and sync you should be able to preserve settings and copy over everything that way.

5. WizardHunt thread starter macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

ok, is their a set way to do this? I never synced my email before. Or can you point me to a site that explains how to sync email?

6. WizardHunt thread starter macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

I figured it out myself. But thanks aaronw1986 for pointing me in the right direction. MobileMe does pay for itself it seems. In more ways than one. ;)