How can I backup my iTunes + iPhone backups?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sofakng, Dec 14, 2008.

1. sofakng macrumors regular

I'd going to reformat my computer and I'd like to keep my iPhone backups (eg. through iTunes) along with my iTunes library with ratings, etc, etc.

As far as I know, all I need to do to backup my library is backup the My Music\iTunes folder, right? Will that also keep my iPhone settings such as "only sync certain playlists", etc, etc?

...but I'm not sure how to backup the iPhone backups themselves and anything else that might be important.

Thanks for any help!

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

yes backup your iTunes folder in your Music directory and also the iTunes folder in your user Library which holds the backups and the iTunes preference files in the Preferences folder.

3. sofakng thread starter macrumors regular

What do you mean by user library?

If you mean C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Apple Computer\, then I've tried that but the backups didn't showup in the newly installed iTunes...

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

oh well youre using Windows and this is a Mac forum so naturally i assumed you where using Mac OS X.

i have no idea how to backup iPhone backups in Windows but i would suggest the Google.