How can I better Promote my app? (college student needs help!!)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by cgibson020, Feb 26, 2012.

1. cgibson020 macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone,

I'm a student at Syracuse University and recently launched on iPhone app (I won't say the name here so I don't violate rules, but if you'd like to know just leave a comment and I'll tell you)

I've made a Facebook, twitter, website, told every friend and family member I have, and am off to a good start. However now the hard part seems to be getting people I don't know to use it! In the 5 days it's been live, it's gotten 250 downloads. But now things are tapering off to around 20 downloads a day.

Wondering if any experienced developers / app marketers might have some advice for me on how to get the word out??

Thank you!!!!

-Corey

2. Trhodezy macrumors regular

Hey Gib.

A while back a friend of mine made an app, to promote it he made a YouTube video of a walk-thorugh of said app. It got him from 30 D/L a day to well over 100 minimum. (It has now, like you said, tapered off.)

Just a thought.

Hit me up a PM if you want to know anything else. :) I work for an OCM (Online Campaign Manager) so I know a few tidbits.

3. cgibson020 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! I will absolutely give that a try!

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

The best way to create a buzz is to give it to people to try in exchange for a review on a blog/website with a good amount of viewers. You're not going to get something on engadget or something like that, but hey its a start. Goodluck.

5. cgibson020 thread starter macrumors newbie

throdezy looks like i can't PM ya because I just joined today and you need to be a member for at least one day as well have at least 5 posts.

if you'd like, email me at cgibson020@gmail.com -- I'd love to know more

6. Trhodezy macrumors regular

Fair point,

I'll email you in the morning -

Thom. :apple: