How can i block a call/text on my iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bagot69, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Bagot69 macrumors member

I have a problem! I have a caller + texter that will not leave me alone no matter what i say or do! Is there anyway i can block his persons number on my iPhone?

i have contacted O2 (UK) about this problem + all they offer is changing my number, which is my last option as i have had this number about 4 years now + dont want to have to change it!

Any helpful advice will be taken cheers!

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If you jailbreak you can install iBlacklist, and it will block their phone number, or send them straight to voicemail. You can also block their SMS with it too.

3. Bagot69 thread starter macrumors member

is there anything like iBlacklist normally without having to jailbreak my phone? If i did jailbrake my phone how would i go about it?

4. Fujiko7 macrumors 6502

Call the police if the caller is stalking/hassling you.

5. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

You have to Jailbreak and there is nothing like it at all in the app store.

You can use Blackra1n if you are on 3.1.2 or Purplera1n if you are on 3.0. That installs Cydia and when you run that, you can install iBlacklist from within Cydia.

There is also another app called MCleaner that does the same thing.

I have the app set so that only my phonebook entries can call me. All others get hung up on. It keeps a log of all numbers called and if they are blocked numbers, it says blocked. It's $9.99 for a lifetime license.

6. Bagot69 thread starter macrumors member

Once i installed Blackra1n would i still b able 2 plug my phone into the PC 4 sync with iTunes + my Apps? Sorry 4 all the q's but dont really wanna do sumit that could bugger up my phone!

7. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Yes, you can still sync just as if the iPhone wasn't jailbroken.

8. thisonechance macrumors regular

I would try calling your service provider and explaining the situation. They will sometimes block specific numbers. AT&T did it for me a couple years ago. It is worth a shot. Just let them know you are receiving harassing phone calls.

9. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Also AT&T allows one free number change per year for certain reasons such as harassing calls.

10. Bagot69 thread starter macrumors member

i have tryed ringing O2 but they can only offer changing my number which dont really want 2 do as its Work/Personal.
    They cant block numbers 2 certain devices, The cheeky woman told me "theres an App for everything" or failing that a Samsung mobile as they have the option 2 reject certain numbers!
    Think Apple should add Blocked list in there settings on the next update!

11. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

I can vouch for that, I came to the iPhone from a 20 quid Samsung and I could block numbers on that!!

AnDy

12. Bagot69 thread starter macrumors member

If someone can design + release a App for Jailbroken iPhones that can block numbers y has no1 done it normally?

13. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I'm sure that Apple isn't allowing them because it takes over part of the phone function or something like that the SDK doesn't allow.