How Can I Boot to Leopard Disk?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Habusho, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Habusho macrumors 6502

Ok, so I'm about to have my MBP delivered. I was wondering, to save time, how I could directly boot into the Leopard install disk. I like to customize my Leopard installation and not waste time with registering etc.

2. gpzere macrumors newbie

Do you mean, you want to do a fresh install right away and not worry about the initial setup they give you? If so, just pop the disc in, and hold C right when you turn the computer on. But make sure you hold down C before you see the apple logo. But just a little for-warning, if you are booting off the disc's they supplied, they contain all the same software that apple preloaded.

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

And you'll still be presented with all the "first boot" process as well.

Nothing wrong with a clean install, you can eliminate a lot of stuff that will be unnecessary, like language packs, printer drivers, etc., and save gigs of space. As far as the registration & new user setup stuff, it'll always be part of the initial startup process, whether out of the box or as a result of a reinstall.

4. Habusho thread starter macrumors 6502

Thx for the help. Yeah I just wanted to save the 5minutes or so it takes to register when booting from the hard disk the first time. I wanted to eliminate all the extra stuff that I don't need from the pre-loaded installation like the language packs, drivers etc.