How can I buy an unlocked iPhone 6s plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SunKeynar, Oct 5, 2015.

1. SunKeynar macrumors newbie

SunKeynar

Hey,
    I'm living in europe and my grandmother is in california, us right now, and I want her to buy for me an iPhone 6s plus from there, in the apple site you can buy an iPhone 6s plus only for a US carrier.
    How can she buy for me an factory unlocked iPhone 6s?
    Thanks.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

You need to check and see what bands your carrier uses to make sure it will work in your country.

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

Buy the T-Mobile one online that you have to pay full price for. That one is unlocked.

4. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Pick the one you want.
    Walk into store.
    Pay full price.
    Walk out.

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

All you can do is have your grandmother visit the apple store and see if they have the phone you want in store and have it reserved and be picked up. Make sure that she buys it as "Device Only" as they won't ask for the account info and will be unlocked out of the box. Have her mail it to you in Europe. Done.

6. bugelrex macrumors regular

However, if she is not tech savvy, ask her to have an apple employee open the box and at least check its working correctly. Getting warranty in Europe for a US spec model maybe problematic?

7. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Officially iPhone warranties aren't global. Unofficially, they'll do warranty repairs as long as it's the same model as what's sold in that country (A1688 or whatever). So he's probably best off buying a Verizon or T-mobile version since they're the same as the international models and come unlocked from the factory.