How can i by pass a Mac Code Authorization !?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by PixieLuca, Jan 14, 2010.

1. PixieLuca macrumors newbie

I have just made an account now, so sorry if this has been discussed before or in the wrong place.

Ok..

I am at Uni and using the internet in my halls, i have paid £230 for it and it has tied it's self to my laptop using it's mac code.

When i try and connect something else to the port it says i have to pay another £50 to get 3 more mac code places... Is there anyways around this ? Can i change the mac code of other machines ?

I have tried creating an airport on my mac and sharing the Ethernet port connection which only get's the message "buy more mac code slots..." on what ever connects to my airport. :mad:

Thanks

Luca

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Nope. You could connect a different device by spoofing the MAC address (maybe), but you'd still only be able to connect one device at a time.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Looks like circumventing this would be breaking the Uni's policy and rules

I don't think support for that is given in the Forums here, but the Moderators will rule on that I am sure

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Please name this University. I'm curious what insane institution would charge for the ability to plug in a machine that is already registered.

5. PixieLuca thread starter macrumors newbie

Sheffield, England.

I found an app for the iphone to change the MAC but it's not working :mad:
    Anyone know any working ones :S ?

cheers

6. lixuelai macrumors 6502a

What you need is a router. Spoof the router's mac to the registered computer's mac and you are good to go. The network cannot tell what is behind your router and will therefore appear as a single machine.

7. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Not true. The ISP can look at the TTL value and see if it has been decremented. (Which happens at each hop)

Notice above where the OP says he already tried to setup Internet Sharing?