How can I bypass Windows XP login?

AdamL

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2006
My friend got an old computer from his mom that she had from her work a while ago. It was connected to a domain. She doesn't remember the password to login to the domain or for logging in locally. It's a laptop so I don't have a floppy drive and the Windows XP disk I have was a copy of a bootable one and I didn't copy it correctly and I can not boot into it.

Does anyone know anyway that I can bypass this?

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
My friend got an old computer from his mom that she had from her work a while ago.
I don't how to bypass it. Even OS X needs the install disc to reset the admin password. I would especially recommend reinstalling Windows, though, given that it's an old used computer.

stompy

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2002
My friend got an old computer from his mom that she had from her work a while ago. It was connected to a domain. She doesn't remember the password to login to the domain or for logging in locally. It's a laptop so I don't have a floppy drive and the Windows XP disk I have was a copy of a bootable one and I didn't copy it correctly and I can not boot into it.

Does anyone know anyway that I can bypass this?
I've recovered passwords with this utility.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
I recently had luck with this utility. My brother-in-law got an old computer from his school (ie: the school sold him the computer and therefore, the school no longer owns the computer). It was win2k and had an admin password (which we didnt know). We spent a few minutes looking it up on google, a few minutes to download/burn the program and a few minutes running the utility. A quick reboot and all was settled. :)

hecongyan

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2010
xp password recovery

It is an old topic, I answer it because I want to share the best solution.

Forgot your windows XP password? Don't worry about that. i have troubled the same thing before. I searched from internet and solved the problem. Now i want to share with you and hope it will really help.
Solution 1: If you have owned another available admin password, it can work. Just log on your PC->Click "Start"button->Control Panel->Add or remove user account->Select the account you want to reset->Change or Remove the password. Then the password will be reset.

Solution 2: You can use one of the password recovery software tool to reset the forgotten password. Here, i would like to introduce you one of them, which i have applied. It is really a good hand. That is Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0 . The process is following.
Step 1: Download the Windows Password Recovery Tool and burn a erasable CD,
Step 2: Boot the CD into the ISO image which is provided by Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0
Step 3:BIOS settings
Step 4:Recover the Windows admin XP password.
It is an easy-to-use way to recover the password. You can have a try.

briangillham101

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2013
Bypass Windows Password

There are many free or paid software to bypass Windows login password. Ophcrack, Offline NT Register Editor or Password Recovery Bundle should be enough for you.