How can I change an applications preferences without opening it?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Connorspence, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Connorspence macrumors newbie

Hello, in a moment of madness I set the speed of KiGB (a gameboy emulator) to somewhere nigh on a billion percent of the usual speed. Needless to say it wasn't very happy about it. Basically I need to be able to reach the preferences menu to turn the speed down but when I open the application it immediately stops responding. Despite my foolishness would anyone be able to help me?
    Thanks.

2. simsaladimbamba

Maybe it has a .plist file in Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Library / Preferences, and if it has, you can delete it.

To search for files related to that application of yours, you could employ some of the steps shown below:
    Best way to FULLY DELETE a program[/QUOTE]

3. Connorspence thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I've the .plist file. I've found a .plist file called info.plist but it won't let me move it to trash. Any idea how to get rid of it?

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Info.plist is the wrong file. The file name will usually be of the form tld.companyname.productname.plist where tld is the top-level domain (com, net, org, us, etc.)

5. simsaladimbamba

Thanks, never knew that, though I suspected some www relation. Hmm.

6. jocdesmedt macrumors newbie

KiGB speed problem

Hi, I've got the same problem you've had: I've put my speed settings way to high and the emulator froze. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't help. The emulator still freezes when opened and I can't reach the preferences :(

How did you fix the problem, I've searched for the .plist file but haven't found one yet related to KiGB.

Plz Help me I wanna play rom games again! :D