How can i change the Final Cut Events folder?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Funkmaster Flix, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Funkmaster Flix macrumors newbie

Hi,

i just installed a second HDD in my MacBook Pro and reinstalled everything on an SSD. The movies folder is now on the 2nd HDD which means the Final Cut Events folder and the Final Cut Camera Archives folder are there, too.
    How do i set up Final Cut Pro X to access these folders?

2. jacg macrumors 6502a

jacg

Have you tried opening FCP? It's usually pretty smart about finding multiple events folders. Never seems too fussed when I attach multiple drives, each with event and project libraries.

If you are booting from the SSD and putting some of your home folders on the HDD, you may need to set up symbolic links so that apps know where your movies and pictures are. A quick search will unearth a guide to this if required.

3. Funkmaster Flix thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thank you for your answer.

Yes, i opened FCP and it created a new folder on the SSD. I removed this events folder and opened FCP again and it created a new Events folder directly on the HDD but not in the movies folder. After deleting the folder FCP created i pulled my old Event folders out of the movies folder and directly on the HDD root and reopened FCP again. This worked and all my previous events are back in Final Cut.
    This is not the most elegant solution and not how i wanted it, but it works for now.
    Thanks again! :)