How can I clean my trackpad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by memphistiger7, Jun 26, 2010.

1. memphistiger7 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, new to Mac but been lurking the forums for a while and the advice here helped with my purchase of my MBP. I've had it for about a month and have noticed my trackpad is having some serious discoloration (from finger oils I'm assuming). I know the #1 rule is to search and I didn't find any cleaning tips for the trackpad. Just wanted to get some long time users input. Thanks and don't hate on me if it's obvious :D

2. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk

lol yes it's very obvious.

I use iClear to clean my entire computer. I notice that the solution is the same stuff I used back when CDr came out. Very simple to do. Make sure my cotton cloth is clean. Now you can use the same type of cloth you would use to clean eye glasses or digital camera lens. microfiber.

3. ihonda macrumors 68000

i use iKlear, got the complete travel kit from apple store for $29.99 yesterday. damn it makes the glass real smooth after using it!

4. NStocks macrumors 65816

+1 for iKlear! It's not the cheapest cleaning product but it does a very good job! When you have expensive equipment, you should never skimp on the maintenance of it.

5. memphistiger7 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. lord2y macrumors newbie

Isn't iklear too aggressive product for macbook pro's trackpad?
    I always thought that using iklear on trackpad, it becomes opaque and remain ruined.
    Do you use it safely?
    Any experience?

Thanks

7. binaryscene macrumors newbie