How Can I Connect My Phone to My Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Apple!Fre@k, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Apple!Fre@k macrumors 6502a

I want to record some of my phone calls and I'm trying to find a piece of hardware/adaptor that will allow me to plug my phone line into my Mac as an audio input, then record the audio with WireTap Studio. I figure I could use a telephone line splitter so I have the phone line going to both my phone and through the adaptor to my Mac at the same time. That way I can be on the call like normal using my telephone and record it through my Mac.

Does anyone know how to do this? I took a look at PhLink but what I need is much simpler, just a way to record my calls digitally.

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

you can try something like this

keep in mind there are very strict federal laws about recording phone calls, so be sure you aren't doing anything illegal.

3. Apple!Fre@k thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow. That actually works? Weird.

I'd rather have something though that I don't have to attach/detach everytime I want to record a call, something that I can plug into the phone jack and just split the lines.

If there was a telephone line to 3.5mm audio plug adaptor, that'd be ideal. Then I could get a telephone line splitter, run the line to both my phone and my adaptor, and then plug the audio end into my Mac.

As far as the laws go about recording, this is for recording interviews so everything someone says is on the record anyway.

4. Apple!Fre@k thread starter macrumors 6502a