How can I create a Christmas Music radio station with Sinatra and Martin type music?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by davidg4781, Nov 24, 2016.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

I prefer Frank Sinatra, Harry Connick, jr, Dean Martin type of Christmas music. We were trying to play some the other day at work and I couldn't get Apple Music to play it. I tried playing one song from my library and creating a station and it would just play jazz or big band type music.

Alternately, a coworker opened Pandora, went to creat a station, and started typing Christmas. She was given a choice of different artists such as Frank Sinatra (Holiday) or Mariah Carey (Holiday).

Am I missing something or is Apple Music not capable of this yet?

2. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

Search Apple Music for "Christmas Sinatra", and you get your choice of playlists, albums, and "stations". I really don't see a problem.

This playlist alone has 27 Christmas songs, sung by Sinatra:

IMG_1062.PNG

3. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

I picked the Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas station. [​IMG]

3 songs in Ain't That A Kick In The Head came up. That's what I'm trying to avoid.
    [​IMG]

The playlists are good, but it's limited to the amount of songs in it. For example, with Pandora, I can let it go on and on and it'll play some Ella Fitzgerald, Mel Tormé, Stan Kenton, etc.

Apple Music works great with playing those types of every day music, but I don't think it picks up holiday only ones.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

The answer is that Apple Music does not have the same functionality as Pandora in this regard.

5. tonyr6, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016

tonyr6 macrumors 65816

tonyr6

Being able to block Michael Buble would be great. It seems that the same annoying holiday songs from him play on every station I choose Pop holiday, jazz, r&b you name it on any music service.

6. tonyr6 macrumors 65816

tonyr6

Sinatra has the best Christmas songs. These new wannabe's can never sound as good as Sinatra.

7. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Apple just added an entire holiday section in the radio tab. I suggest the "holiday classics " station for the oldies.

8. tonyr6 macrumors 65816

tonyr6

As long as there is no Michael Buble I will check it out and let you know.