How can i create a iPhone app

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by sekz, Apr 5, 2010.

1. sekz macrumors regular

like what do i need exactly because im thinking about creating a iphone app

2. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

3. sekz thread starter macrumors regular

what if i find a friend who has it would i be able to use his?

4. skunkworker macrumors regular

You need to become a registered iPhone Developer its $99 a year, renewed annually. Also, what kind of programming experience do you have?

5. sekz thread starter macrumors regular

none really but what im thinking of is making a popular website into a app so im thinking that shouldnt be too hard. Do you know what kind of coding experience you need?

6. skunkworker macrumors regular

Well for one if its just a simple wrapper around a website, it'll get rejected, but if its a native interface for the website thats generally okay. Objective-C/Cocoa and lots of Model-View-Controller & event based programming experience.

7. sekz thread starter macrumors regular

no it wouldnt be anthing like that. Would it be possible to send codes to users so they would be able to publish it if im not ready to purchase the kit?

8. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Huh? If you want to make an app you have to code it and then submit it to the App Store. That's the only way people can obtain and eventually use it.

9. Bostonaholic macrumors 6502

Bostonaholic

Sounds like you're about 5 years away from reaching your goal...:rolleyes:

10. RobMoss macrumors regular

Not to say 5 years away from leaving school...

11. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

You could send the source to a friend to publish it for you. Then your friend would get any money from it. :)

Also, I think you may have some angry website developers on your hands if you decide to sell their content without their permission. ;)

Lastly, you'll need to learn Objective-C. Either take a class in iPhone programming, follow along with the iTunes-U Stanford video lectures or learn C++ from a class and teach yourself Obj-C.

Just signing up for the dev program doesn't mean you'll be able to develop. Good luck!

12. mac8867 macrumors 6502

OK - serious answer here,

so you don't HAVE to pay the $100 annual fee to get started. You can install the Apple development suite and the additional iPhone dev kit. Both can be downloaded from the Mac and iPhone development centers -- AFTER you register.

Think of "deciding to develop an application" as "deciding to play a Mozart French Horn Concerto" when you have never touched a french horn. It takes some training, lots of practice --- and yes, even some artistic skill.

So, if you are serious, then you really have 2 choice:

1) take some classes in programming and get started.

2) partner up, either with someone who is a coder that will work with you, or pay someone to develop your idea.

13. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Also, make sure you have checked out the stickies and guides at the top of this very forum.

14. HarryWorksInc macrumors regular

bottom line go back and start simpler your never going to make it just starting with C++