How Can I Delete iPhone Mail Attachments?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by NightFox, Mar 26, 2009.

1. NightFox macrumors 68000

NightFox

I have a number of emails on my iPhone with large attachments, attachments that I have downloaded to my phone. Is there a way of "unloading" the attachment from the phone once I don't need to view it on my phone anymore to free up memory without deleting the e-mail?

I need to keep the e-mails and attachments on the server and my mac pro, I just no longer need to have the attachments downloaded on my phone once I've had an initial look at them.

2. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I don't think so. Are you using POP3 accounts? If so, you can set preferences so that the iPhone never takes the messages off the server. Then deletions on the phone don't matter. IMAP is a different matter, of course.

3. NightFox thread starter macrumors 68000

NightFox

Unfortunately it's with both my .mac account and another IMAP account, not a POP3 account. Anyway, I do still need to be able to download the attachments to view them on my iPhone when I'm out and about, but then be able to "un-download" them when I'm done.