How can I delete some space that messages is using

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrMister111, Jun 16, 2017.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

I have over 6Gb used now used by messages on my iPhone.

I know you can just delete the thread but I don't want to do that.

I know you can see by pressing the little i button and can see all the pictures. I can't however delete them from here. Is there a way?

I'm not jailbroken but I think there was an app you could use on an iMac to see? Is there anything I can do apart from manually scrolling through every thread and manually deleting please?

Thanks

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I go though and delete most of the images sent in messages on a weekly basis. Save the ones I want and delete the rest.

I just place my finger on the image until you get the menu and select "more". You can then select multiple images in that thread and delete them.

3. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah I've done that in the past but been lazy and now they've got too big!

Also doing what you said is ok, but sometimes you select loads and gonipa don't then it has to load more and unticks the ones you've selected! So frustrating...

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

My has done the same, but it is the only way I know of. I have plenty of memory and do not know why I bother.

I delete whole threads when I feel they are an one time thing and no longer needed. I see no reason in saving every message.

5. jhearty99 macrumors 6502

jhearty99

6. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Haven't looked at it. But, would something like iMazing allow you to move them off iphone and back when you wanted them.