Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I have over 6Gb used now used by messages on my iPhone.

I know you can just delete the thread but I don't want to do that.

I know you can see by pressing the little i button and can see all the pictures. I can't however delete them from here. Is there a way?

I'm not jailbroken but I think there was an app you could use on an iMac to see? Is there anything I can do apart from manually scrolling through every thread and manually deleting please?

Thanks

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I go though and delete most of the images sent in messages on a weekly basis. Save the ones I want and delete the rest.

I just place my finger on the image until you get the menu and select "more". You can then select multiple images in that thread and delete them.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I go though and delete most of the images sent in messages on a weekly basis. Save the ones I want and delete the rest.

I just place my finger on the image until you get the menu and select "more". You can then select multiple images in that thread and delete them.
Yeah I've done that in the past but been lazy and now they've got too big!

Also doing what you said is ok, but sometimes you select loads and gonipa don't then it has to load more and unticks the ones you've selected! So frustrating...

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Yeah I've done that in the past but been lazy and now they've got too big!

Also doing what you said is ok, but sometimes you select loads and gonipa don't then it has to load more and unticks the ones you've selected! So frustrating...

My has done the same, but it is the only way I know of. I have plenty of memory and do not know why I bother.

I delete whole threads when I feel they are an one time thing and no longer needed. I see no reason in saving every message.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
Haven't looked at it. But, would something like iMazing allow you to move them off iphone and back when you wanted them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.